If you had to get rid of all your bikes except one...

Not the misfit?
Wall art

Funny last year I had a guy from Florida trying to buy it and I couldn't let it go. Wife still has hers also.

If I knew 10yrs ago about ebikes what I know now there would be no question I would have adopted then. I can only imagine where it goes in another 10. I'm not one of those I ride both, well maybe bike parks. I watch Me bikers with a look of slow and suffering, sorry telling like it is, and I don't want that part of that any more. I still am getting a great workout and literally smiling all the way, more efficiently in the same amount of time. Doing crazy challenging stuff you couldn't do on a a regular bike. I realize I'm pretty much on an island but soon enough my island is gonna get crowded 🙃

Last edited:
Your bikes are always showroom clean, you should try riding them 😉
Actually the El Mar had just gone through a crank transplant so had to be cleaned before the procedure and so had the Fugitive, I took that picture after fixing the crank fail at Jungle that you witnessed in person..but you’re absolutely right about it. The good thing is that my wife is so worried for my mental state due to the stress at work and home that she agreed for me to join the next couple of group ride (GFBD AND MTBNJ.com) which incidentally are the farthest from Ringwood and hence against my philosophy of only ti Dt ing to the ride…wait, is that really a ‘good’ thing…. :shrug:

Otso-Waheela-C-Review_25-2000x1334.jpg

this with two wheelsets

I am pretty dam happy about my Kenevo with a 190mm Zeb in the front and a 187mm float x in the back. The 27.5 x 2.8 tires make it a plus bike that will crawl over and up all I care to ride. With specialized’s control system you can program how much you want the motor to engage while you ride. Want to ride with your friends with real mountain bikes, set it to 30 % assistance…. Have someone tell you that you can’t do the climb without a motor, switch the motor assist to zero and do the climb with a 51 lb bike. I could sell all my other bikes tomorrow and not miss a thing.

Attachments

• IMG_2512.jpeg
    IMG_2512.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 48
Id ditch my ss 29er,road bike and bmx bike.My specialized status 140 is the keeper.
Heavy bike to pedal but so fun in any terrain.
Being from bmx background i love the mullet set up.

Attachments

• IMG_7791.jpeg
    IMG_7791.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 44
Dang, that's a challenging question. One of the things that I enjoy most about riding is the range of different styles.

Pick one? SC Hightower. Pedals fairly well, always reliable, forgiving/comfortable/capable on pretty much anything that I ride.

Other options: Rocky Mountain Element is great but I think I'd sacrifice its lighter weight and efficiency for a bit more suspension travel in the Hightower. Scott Gambler would be greatly missed, but unless downsizing bikes came with a complete lifestyle shift, I'd never ride it enough to warrant it as the only option. Road bike (Synapse) would be my second option because I do love riding on the road, but I'd rather have the variety of riding in the woods if I had to choose. Dirt jump bike, which is essentially a pump track bike, is just never going to get used enough to be "the one" unless my town decides to put in a pump track.

Funny last year I had a guy from Florida trying to buy it and I couldn't let it go. Wife still has hers also.

Still have my Misfit too. As long as I have the space I will keep it, doesn't make sense to let go of it for the little $$ I would get.

But in the context of this thread, it wouldn't be the keeper if I had to pick just one. Not sure what it would be. I like my Epic but I still want to explore more squish.

Ibis Ripley is my favorite bike of all time and it’s the one I would keep. I thought it would have been my Canfield EPO hardtail but I rode it the other day and it felt weird and uncomfortable after spending time on the Ripley. Now it could be that the Ripley is a large and the EPO is a medium. I’m just more comfortable on the Ripley.

Back
Top Bottom