If you had to get rid of all your bikes except one...

I've got a long-travel trail bike and a drop-bar gravel bike. As much as I love mountain biking if I had to choose one the gravel bike wins hands-down. Way more useful and almost as much fun.

That being said, if I went back in time 10 years and showed the above message to my 32 year-old self he would completely disagree. Might even be offended.

Top Fuel. I have the first year they slackened it out a bit and marketed it as a DC bike. Following the long/low/slack trend of the last several years, they've since slackened it out a bit more and increased the reach on the latest model (haven't tried it). 120/115 travel, quick turning and both plenty capable and fun on any NJ trail outside of Creek. Would be a great gravel bike with race tires. I love my longer travel bike and HT, but they're not as fun accross a broad range of trail categories.

Recently sold the road bike leaving me with 4 mtbs
- C'dale F29 Carbon HT with 100mm Lefty. Used mostly as a road bike now.
- C'dale Scalpel Carbon with Lefty 100mm F/R and full lockout. Planning to experiment with FS SS in the coming year.
- '22 Pivot Trail 429
- Custom IndyFab Steel Deluxe SS with carbon Enve fork.

I ride and race the IndyFab the most. The C'dales are similar in geometry to each other and are back up bikes, but do get ridden often.

Hands down, the Pivot could be my only bike if necessary.

Last edited:
there's no way I could give up having a road bike.

giphy.gif

Pivot Trail 429. No question.

I have a lot of others, but this is the bike I reach for the most.
If I went by which bike I reach for the most it would be the Storm Chaser & XTC (both SS). The new Timberjack Ti SS might replace the XTC, but the jury it still out on that.
But I would miss riding on the beach & snow and the overall no line matters ride of the fat bike. So the fat bike wins cuz it does everything very well. Except road and I don't care about that.

Back
Top Bottom