Howdy Folks

Juhls22

Hey guys:

First time posting...I had no idea this forum even existed (shame on me!).

I have been riding for 15+ years and mostly ride Ringwood/JH. My weapon of choice over the last few years has been a Turner 5.5 Spot, but thinking about making the move the bigger wheels.

Looking forward to contributing and learning!

Welcome from someone sold on 29 er's !

10178056_10203804766468851_6986319556978111462_n.jpg

Welcome from one new guy to another! Jungle is actually the closest to me other than Stewart. Fun place, but need to practice a lot more. +1 for 29er!

y5x8.jpg

Also new to the area. Been riding RW mostly would love to check out Jungle. Always looking to ride, just a little slow on my climbs.

Welcome aboard. I landed here from mtbr and never left - I'm sure some wish I had. ;)

Going bigger like 27.5 or 29?
Cheers!

Thinking of going 27.5 as I like to bang it around in some of the tighter, more technical stuff. I would like to remain as nimble as possible, so not sure making the jump to 29 inch wheels is optimal.

Does anyone have any strong thoughts? I know there are probably a million threads on this, but figured I would ask.

I went from 26 to 27.5 on 2 similar travel/geo/suspension designed bikes and I only really notice the bigger wheels if I get off one bike and right onto another. Where 29 has a pretty stark contrast to 26.

IMO bike geometry makes more of a difference than wheel size when it comes to 26-27.5. You get a raked out bike with long trail and no matter what size wheels are on it, its gonna turn slow.

There are lots of nice bikes out there, do some demo days and see what rides right for you and don't get caught up in wheel size. It makes a difference, just not nearly as much as the bike industry wants you to believe. And don't forget, no matter how much pros and magazines say they're objective, they still collect a check from bike companies and toe the line accordingly.

Try not to get a fox 32 evolution. Its the only part of my bike I'm not happy with. Just a turd fork IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks Greeek...Been riding Turners for many years and have been very happy with their reliability and I tend to beat the crap out of my bikes. I totally get your point on the geometry...looks like I need to demo a few bikes!

There are certainly worse things I could think of having to do!

Welcome! when you get the bigwheel, I'll take the old Turner off of your hands. 26ers are dead!. ;)

:D

Welcome!! I've ridden 26 for years. I cracked my most recent frame and got a warranty replacement. Since they only make my cracked frame in a 29 wheel size these days, they gave me a 29er! My first ride on it will be tomorrow at jungle.

Back
Top Bottom