Horseshoe Scramble becomes CXMeur - 11/1/2014

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh hey hi!

The Horseshoe Scramble is officially dead, as the park no longer wants us there.

After a long process, we've landed at Craigmeur, home of one of the most popular races from back in the day, where "day" is like 2007. We're hoping this will be as awesome & well-supported as the HSCX race was.

Officially we are going to pronounce CXMeur as "cross-muir", as in John Muir, the naturalist guy. Or Meerkat. Cross-meer. Cat.

10658678_10152659188333954_1487882686799256665_o.jpg

thx son. Although, I screwed the pooch and spelled register wrong :p

Spelling is not creative's responsibility. Client services always skips the copy edit process. It's not your fault Capers. Norm signed off on it - right? :D

send that over to pearl for some 2'x3's....

nice work!

can cat 4 race the masters 50+ ?? or is that a 1/2/3 race

oh, and bumpety bump.

And just to reiterate my feelings from last year. When the local group throws a party, you go! So get in there....

Climbing up on soap box. (is that 1 word or two?)

Again, i'm going to compare the MTBNJ.com sponsored cx race to your local (insert name) group throwing a pancake breakfast. You buy tickets, and if you don't make it, so what....

but that isn't exactly right. you ride, you ride with friends. line your butt up in the cat 5 race and have at it. Finally, decide which one is faster, and has more stamina. maybe knock off someone on a cx bike with your mtb!

there is no reason the cat 5 field isn't packed with us hacks (ha, i'm cat 4, cause i raced(cough, participated) before there was a cat 5.....i don't belong there unless it is just cat 5 peeps with a couple races under their belt.....)

make some time, get in a race, borrow a bike if you think you look silly on an mtb in a cx race - ftr your non-bike friends think you look silly anyway.
hang out afterwards, meet some of the team (they basically spend all day busting on each other) - learn how to heckle, and be heckled. eat a waffle, or some other vegan delight. maybe i'll bring a grill and make chocolate dipped bacon for that all-important balance in life.

bring a kid, they can cheer, eat cotton candy (i made that up) and even race!

and for all you real CX people - time to bring it local. register early, as the rain gods are watching and will only mud-up a deserving field.

is there lift access at this venue?

Last edited:
need more than 1 request to make it fresh at the venue....but 1 is good enough to whip up a batch!

Registered.

Need one or two fat and slow CAT 4 40 pluses to register and save me from certain DFL.

cho bacon it is....now to figure out how to make it fresh!

oh, bump.

register now before you forget.

Back
Top Bottom