Hooligan's Revival: April 19th, Intro. to Mahlon Dickerson

Bikes not shifting well due to months of sitting but I'm ready to go. Somebody please show up for the fast ride , don't make me go it alone:cry:

Please! I don't want to have to listen to Brett crying the whole time...it'll make me cry :cry:

ok got my directions and my camers is charged...now as long as i dont' forget my legs we will be fine. see yous in the morning

Heh, heh...not to worry, my legs have a bad habit of not showing up.

No matter, it will be fine. This is a Hooligan's ride so we're gonna' try really hard to ensure we don't run anybody into the ground ("No drops, social, and we will stop at major intersections").

The challenge with a Hooligan's ride at Mahlon is that it is technical enough that folks can get *really* spread out in certain sections which can make the pace, sometimes, to be "overly leisurely" for some folks.

So to help the cause, Brett has volunteered to lead a second group, on a different route, that will be more challenging in pace (and probably technically). We'll make the split at the start.

gawd, brett is so ALL talk. he's a cream puff in person.

i heart brett.

just don't be riding up schooley's mt. when he's around.

Ok ,so three days in a row at Mahlon and I am exhausted, my legs felt like a ton of bricks out there today. Stone gate wasn't even fun because I was so tired ... and I live for Stone Gate.

I probably need a recovery day, but hell I wanna ride .

If I show up tomorrow I promise I will be putting the L in LEISURELY !

Another Hooligan Ride in the Books

Hi there gang!

'Big thanks to the dozen folks who made it out today. Trail conditions were perfect, the temperature was perfect...all good!

Thanks also to Brett & Howard who helped lead/sweep in Shaggz's absence.

Attached is a Google Earth file of the route. It is super-imposed over a map of the park with turns, etc. annotated.

And here is our actual ride: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/3914639

The ride was a 'tad shorter than the garmin site says as I ran back and forth a few times. 'Still can't believe I lost almost everybody in the first 1/4 mile :eek:

Attachments

• MD_Big8Loop.kmz
    19.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I can't view the attachment. I get a message that says "You are not worthy scumbag" or something like that.

Thanks Jeff. Apparently when you attach a file to a message in a "not publicly accessible" area of the site, the privileges stick with the file--just not the thread.

Anyway, I've edited the post and attached the file directly to the post.

Thank you

Thank you Shaggz and Fogerson for everything
awesome ride today.. I had a blast w/ everyone yes I'm the kid w/ singlespeed 32x19 & the goofy glasses ... Oh yes I will do another ride just like this.. please

Letting everyone know next Saturday 4/25/09 @ Allumuchy waterloo parking lot
Jorba Group ride - no drops a fun ride ... wheels down 9:00am sharp
check out website Jorba.org

Last edited:
I can only take partial credit for organizing this. Big kudos go out to Tim ofr laying out the route and getting you all out and back (with some help).

Regardless, it was nice to see all of you this AM. To say I was bummed watching you all ride away is an understatement...

that park is real cool. the ride was fun i went OTB early but all the years of ballerina training really helped with the save i made instead of crashing hard to the ground. i gots some pics i'll put up in a few. gotta put beer away...oh and thanks to the leaders of the group def gonna get back there again soon

that park is real cool. the ride was fun i went OTB early but all the years of ballerina training really helped with the save i made instead of crashing hard to the ground. i gots some pics i'll put up in a few. gotta put beer away...oh and thanks to the leaders of the group def gonna get back there again soon

You're welcome.

Hey man, a SS'er you are, dude. Now that you have your Mahlon OTB box checked, you're official. I watched you clean some steep/techy stuff that a lot SSers don't clean the first time they see 'em...well done.

the ride was fun i went OTB early but all the years of ballerina training really helped with the save i made instead of crashing hard to the ground.

:rofl::rofl:....

I had a great time for sure...Thanks Tim for laying everything out for us...I will definetly will hit this park up again with a few less stops...I really love the rocks...Overall GREAT TIME

:rofl::rofl:....

I had a great time for sure...Thanks Tim for laying everything out for us...I will definetly will hit this park up again with a few less stops...I really love the rocks...Overall GREAT TIME

Good to (finally) meet you today Spence. If you liked the rocks, you'll love Anrothar's Alley. I'm sure you wouldn't have too much trouble talking myself or Brett into dragging you through there (by dragging I mean watching you play in the rocks and I take a little hike).

Tim, Any Sunday you ride there I can meet you guys...I will also make a TM or two...When did Steve say those were

Back
Top Bottom