Hi mtbNJ.com

chrisalecia

Wow, had to read that thread twice! like going through a time warp!

Welcome back. A lot of riders from your general area to join up with.

qclabrat

Well, six years later...I'm almost 50 (as it turns out math still applies..) and finally got myself a K2 4000! It was supposed to be in like new condition but...not so much! I was originally going for a period correct restoration but ended up being some kind of resto-mod. Full XT-M739 with new Ritchey handlebars, stem and seat/seatpost. Decided to lace a period correct set of XT wheels as well. The cost of the tools by itself would have justified buying a brand new bike...took it for its first spin last weekend, I am hooked. Did I mention that a second K2 frame found it's way from ebay to my place and I am now building a K2 Bumpy Monkey as well? Anyhow, looking for easy trail to ride along with my wife during the weekend , recovering from surgery last month and looking for a healtier lifestyle. we live in Clifton, NJ.
I think this all made up, cause no pics, welcome back Leo
I've filled your void with old bikes while you were away :D

thegock

Well, six years later...I'm almost 50 (as it turns out math still applies..) and finally got myself a K2 4000! It was supposed to be in like new condition but...not so much! I was originally going for a period correct restoration but ended up being some kind of resto-mod. Full XT-M739 with new Ritchey handlebars, stem and seat/seatpost. Decided to lace a period correct set of XT wheels as well. The cost of the tools by itself would have justified buying a brand new bike...took it for its first spin last weekend, I am hooked. Did I mention that a second K2 frame found it's way from ebay to my place and I am now building a K2 Bumpy Monkey as well? Anyhow, looking for easy trail to ride along with my wife during the weekend , recovering from surgery last month and looking for a healtier lifestyle. we live in Clifton, NJ.

Allaire might be good with the wife and also, Six Mile/Delaware-Raritan Canal towpath.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I used to work in Florence...

...Florence New Jersey! Welcome. I love your avatar.

w_b

major props for even remembering your username and password after all that time!

serviceguy

Not really, I hate anything red (except Ferraris that is). I had to settle on something and it happened to be the color.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm seeing some kind of picture of pasta for your avatar

Leo is from Firenze (perhaps Leonardo da Firenze?), the city is the height of fashion and art, with food right there.....
The home of David. And the housing of Nascita di Venere, The Birth of Venus. The Ponte Vecchio, with over 1000 years of
history (that is a lot for a bridge)

a tribute to bucatini?

5466.jpg

i think we can do better -

Benvenuto Leo!

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
welcome back.
My better half and I ride every weekend.
We are slow.
But we bring a puppy so thats a plus, if you like doggies.

serviceguy

Leo is from Firenze (perhaps Leonardo da Firenze?), the city is the height of fashion and art, with food right there.....
The home of David. And the housing of Nascita di Venere, The Birth of Venus. The Ponte Vecchio, with over 1000 years of
history (that is a lot for a bridge)

a tribute to bucatini?

5466.jpg

i think we can do better -

Benvenuto Leo!

As you may guess I don't like to take myself too seriously...part of the florentine traits right there! Actually, while born and raised in Florence, both my parents decided to move there from their actual birthplaces (my father is from Palermo in Sicily and my mother is from Perugia in Umbria). Add a spanish last name and a british wife to the equation and you can explain a lot! j/k, i'm a rather boring guy as a matter of fact.

The picture is of 'spaghetti alla chitarra' a specialty from another region in southern Italy which I happen to love (I mean the food, not the region) hence my tribute to it. I do like bucatini as well, they're just different...bucatini are round and hollow, spaghetti alla chitarra are square and solid. Both work well with meat sauce.

Where I really draw the line is on 'baloni' or meatballs, I never get tired to explain how they are an Americam-Italian specialty that never made it to Italy...

serviceguy

welcome back.
My better half and I ride every weekend.
We are slow.
But we bring a puppy so thats a plus, if you like doggies.

I love 'other people's' doggies but here's the thing, if my wife gets too close to one I may have to actually get one! And until we buy a house I'd rather stick to one pet, position currently taken by our beloved Bubba the cat.

This is Bubba the Cat.

Last edited:

Kaleidopete

I love 'other people's' doggies but here's the thing, if my wife gets too close to one I may have to actually get one! And until we buy a house I'd rather stick to one pet, position currently taken by our beloved Bubba the cat.

This is Bubba the Cat.
Nice cat.........stick with kitties!

Top Bottom