Hi mtbNJ.com

serviceguy

Hi there!

Brand new to the site. Name is Leo, I am going to turn 44 this year and since time started flying since I gave up MTB like 10 years ago I decided to go back to it...maybe I can slow it a bit that way. I originally from Florence, Italy and the trails over there are amazing, just on the outskirts of the city you have access to all levels of difficulty when it comes to either road biking and MTB. Moving to Florida first and now (three years ago that is) to NJ did not allow me to fall back to the old habits but now that I am a little more settled, and married, the old hitches are coming back! It's nice to find a NJ MTB community on line and an active one too, so here I am, hoping to be able and give my contribution if I can. I am currently in the process to locate a nice retro full suspension, pretty much focused on Proflex/K2, I loved their bikes back then but could not justify the expense. But they're now much more affordable (and used). Enough for now.

Cheers.

Leo

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I got a buddy from Florence too. :popcorn: and I used to live in Clifton...

Fiorentina_B2.gif

What exactly do you service?

Welcome!

rlb

You can call me ray, and you can call me jay, but ya doesn't have to call me....

Ahh nevermind

Frank

Sasquatch

skyrokz

welcome aboard! get your self a nice GT, those things are unstoppable, i'm thinking about a nice downhill rig my self from GT!!!

serviceguy

Well, six years later...I'm almost 50 (as it turns out math still applies..) and finally got myself a K2 4000! It was supposed to be in like new condition but...not so much! I was originally going for a period correct restoration but ended up being some kind of resto-mod. Full XT-M739 with new Ritchey handlebars, stem and seat/seatpost. Decided to lace a period correct set of XT wheels as well. The cost of the tools by itself would have justified buying a brand new bike...took it for its first spin last weekend, I am hooked. Did I mention that a second K2 frame found it's way from ebay to my place and I am now building a K2 Bumpy Monkey as well? Anyhow, looking for easy trail to ride along with my wife during the weekend , recovering from surgery last month and looking for a healtier lifestyle. we live in Clifton, NJ.

Top Bottom