HELMET!

Saw a couple teenagers riding hardtails at Hartshorne sans helmets yesterday. We were going opposite directions in one of the overgrown spots so both them and I stopped before negotiating the pass. One of them was on clips and did the slow motion topple when he forgot how to get out to put a foot down. DOH! I didn't say anything but I did tap my helmet very conspicuously a few times after asking him if he was ok.

I don't get it. The kid was enthusiastic enough to invest in clipless pedals and shoes but doesn't have a helmet?

New Fox Proframe came in this week. I’ve been at Creek in my open face helmet for the past week since I ran my Bell Super over with my car lol oops...
1595511534199.jpeg

1595511574972.jpeg

@MissJR are these helmets you’re buying not coming with different size pads? I thought I was going to be sending my Fox back when I first opened it but once I got the padding combo right it fits perfect ?
1595511900781.jpeg

@MissJR are these helmets you’re buying not coming with different size pads? I thought I was going to be sending my Fox back when I first opened it but once I got the padding combo right it fits perfect ?
View attachment 135089
i've tried 2 so far... one did come with extra padding. the other didn't (which i was surprised at)... but the issue i'm having is that there is too much space between my forehead and the front of the helmet... there's enough space to put 4 of my fingers in there. i don't think more padding would help in that case. it's probably more of a round head vs oval helmet issue. i've tried a leatt and 7IDP so far. my current old one is a six six one.

there is too much space between my forehead and the front of the helmet...
This one came with different size brow and neck roll pads to help with that. I know some others just come with different cheek pads....

This one came with different size brow and neck roll pads to help with that. I know some others just come with different cheek pads....
you got the fox proframe? and that came with all the pads?

New Fox Proframe came in this week. I’ve been at Creek in my open face helmet for the past week since I ran my Bell Super over with my car lol oops...

Those Fox Proframes are really nice. I've been running one for the past couple of years for dirt jumping and DH. Light and great visibility/breath ability.

Back
Top Bottom