Head cover..

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
i forgot to wear my little under helmet skullcap type thingy today, and riding down the hill from work, it felt like i was getting a cryo-frontal lobotamy. my little skullcap thingy works great, but what do some of you wear to keep your brain from freezing?[/QUOTE]

I like the new gore winstopper beanie from Craft.

It has the windstopper in the front but not on the ears so you can actually hear.

It also fits nicely under the helmet, so much that I forgot that I had it on.

If you don't know about Craft you should. Very good stuff. No frills.

J

Gore WS Skull Hat

$29.99

http://www.craft-usa.com/anc_shop_z...ne=&area=shop&type=bunderwear&id=491&bcsex=u#

Last edited:

sj_john

Craft WS skullcap

Jay,
I picked one up last year from my LBS(Action Wheels) and love it.
I have tried all different types over the years but I was very impressed by the Craft products.
John

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
This years version is even better. They switched to a softer more stretchy windstopper fabric. This is more noticable on the windproof baselayer which is truly a remarkable product.

Kill the windchill and you can wear less layers.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i wish i could remember who made mine. it was found forgotten in the back of my lbs(rt 15 bicycles). it's really thin, and covers the ears. actually seems to make my hearing better, since it cuts out a large amount of the sound of the wind rush.

edit: it's made by a company called ROX.

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

the hat is sweet

Whose that guy in the picture?...he looks like hes goin to poo his pants or something.

ArmyOfNone

Btw

its a pretty sweet, comfy, warm hat...i got to try it fresh out the box

along with j, chris g, and chris f...that hat got around quickly in a short period of time

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
its a pretty sweet, comfy, warm hat...i got to try it fresh out the box

along with j, chris g, and chris f...that hat got around quickly in a short period of time
In fact, one went home with me, courtesy of "Santa J." Now my ears will be warm and toasty.:D

Shaggz

A strong 7
i have one of those baclava thingees - works great when it is real cold out. however something that doesn't go completely over the head and around the face would be better for mornings like these.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Toasty!

I wore this hat for a mellow 3 hours-and-change road ride Sunday morning and it was too warm. So it's gotta be pretty good for sub-35 degree riding.

On the downside, the elastic headband squeezed my big gourd of a head a little more than I'm comfy with, so I found myself re-adjusting it frequently.:mad: The non-hypercephalic will not have this issue, I suspect.

Top Bottom