Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
“ I had a conversation with the Park Manager last night and these were the same areas he indicated needed attention.”
I can’t be the only person that finds this absurd.
Yes it appears to be a problem, but standing on a soap box pointing out problems and getting worked up about it does nothing to solve a problem.

Mark, can you turn it around please and be part of the solution?

wonderturtle

Yes it appears to be a problem, but standing on a soap box pointing out problems and getting worked up about it does nothing to solve a problem.

Mark, can you turn it around please and be part of the solution?

I have both tm sessions in my calendar and will follow this thread if another one pops up. I will attend all if possible.

I understand this is a “first world problem” so I’ll shut up until Hartshorne gets overgrown once again next summer

Last edited:

AndyJ

Hooray, someone cleared out the lower part of Grand Tour with what I'm assuming was a brush hog.
Yep, was pleasantly surprised to see that yesterday evening :)

The deer hunters are going to have a field day this year. There were deer prancing all over the place during last evening's ride at Hartshorne. Unless the same family was following me around...

TimBay

ATTENTION: Trail Maintenance is this weekend on October 5th. We've all talked a lot about how bad conditions have gotten this year. Now it's time to walk the walk. If you're a registered MCPS Volunteer, please make all possible efforts to show up on Saturday. This is our first opportunity to show MCPS that we have the numbers and are willing and ready to work. LET"S DO THIS!

SmooveP

ATTENTION: Trail Maintenance is this weekend on October 5th. We've all talked a lot about how bad conditions have gotten this year. Now it's time to walk the walk. If you're a registered MCPS Volunteer, please make all possible efforts to show up on Saturday. This is our first opportunity to show MCPS that we have the numbers and are willing and ready to work. LET"S DO THIS!
In. Also open to riding after if anyone would like to join in.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
This looks oddly familiar to me somehow.......?. Good luck.

AndyJ

Good conditions today after the rain yesterday. No mud at all and sand packed down nicely
Yep, was there on Saturday... the rain helped with some of the looseness, though it could still use a bit more moisture. Looks like we're going to get some during the upcoming week... hoping it's light rain and not eroding downpours.

The area on Laurel Ridge that was closed off with caution tape has now been more permanently closed off with wood fencing.

Torn891

hey guys. newbie here. I just joined and getting back into MTB now that Hartshorne is so close. (i live 10 min away) Rode today. Still some real sandy spots (Im a 26 in 2.10 guy) so sketch for me oming in hot to those areas. But otherwise still not slick on the leaves. Hope to see you guys out there.

TimBay

hey guys. newbie here. I just joined and getting back into MTB now that Hartshorne is so close. (i live 10 min away) Rode today. Still some real sandy spots (Im a 26 in 2.10 guy) so sketch for me oming in hot to those areas. But otherwise still not slick on the leaves. Hope to see you guys out there.
Welcome! Is 26 and 2.1 your wheel and tire sizes? If you're really new to MTBing, you could also try Huber woods. It's a little easier than Harts and a good place to learn.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions