Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Hartshorne Closed for Hunting. These days: Dec 6, 8, 14, 16. Jan 12. See Photo of Notice. Posting this in case anyone hasn’t yet. That time of year again.

Last edited:
Posting

Attachments

• 0BB81ABA-8373-4671-9C13-C737B09FEE03.jpeg
    0BB81ABA-8373-4671-9C13-C737B09FEE03.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 72
yup, only closed the marked days..
Here is a tiny bit of my ride this morning on Laurel Ridge.
( I don't know much about instagram's video compression, so I apologize for the quality level.. looks great in 4k !)

Expect an insane number of hikers. We're normally an 0-dark-30 group but went out after lunch yesterday. I've never seen so many people on the trails. The top lot was completely full and everyone was parking at the school. Maybe it will be better today. Everyone was in a good mood so obviously not regular hikers. :)

We came across a woman and her dog at the bottom of the hill from the upper lot and Grand Tour who thought she had broken her ankle and didn't have her phone with her. That's how I learned that cell phone 911 is sktechy. It took about 10 rings to get an answer. I never realized how bad cell service can be at the park either. One of our group couldn't make a call. I had a bad connection but it was enough to get everything in motion. We stuck around until a Ranger and a local cop made it to her with EMS right behind.

105E49D4-F181-4796-A631-C7A7978C21C1.jpeg
Did a couple of hours Monday afternoon. Super crowded with non bike people. I had a bell.
Was a bit damp in low laying spots but no mud. Didn’t hit Huber today.
Haven’t ridden here in a while and was surprised at the amount of trail work that has been done. Great, great work!

Everything was good yesterday. Got to Rocky point lot at about 1:00 and was able to get a parking spot at the end of a row.
Tree down at the top of Devil’s elbow at the upper corner. Will need some chainsaw work to get it out. You can only get by using the original line.

Reactions: SAM
Everything was good yesterday. Got to Rocky point lot at about 1:00 and was able to get a parking spot at the end of a row.
Tree down at the top of Devil’s elbow at the upper corner. Will need some chainsaw work to get it out. You can only get by using the original line. @pooriggy
You don't use the original line?? SMH

It could be a little greasy in spots as there has precipitation here this whole week and it was rainy/misty most of the day today.

Rode Hart + Huber today. Overall conditions soft but rideable. Huber > Hart.

2 trees down at bottom of (I think?) water tower downhill, close to intersection with Cuesta ridge. Chainsaw needed for both.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions