Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hope you guys are right. We will see if more “appears” on the trail surface.
The more the trail gets ridden, the more the surface gets disrupted, and the more glass appears. Have you ever ridden the GLASS trail at Allaire?

150 years there was no waste disposal, people burned what they could and dumped what would not burn in a nearby gully or ditch. My grandmother in North Carolina did this not too long ago.

Occasionally we find these caches of junk, usually glass and dinner plates is the only thing left, metal rusts away. I've found this stuff on many properties I've worked on.

There are no sabatores planting glass to get you, like the boogie man. Please take this knowledge and pass it on, there is no boogie man.

krink

Eddie Munster
The more the trail gets ridden, the more the surface gets disrupted, and the more glass appears. Have you ever ridden the GLASS trail at Allaire?

150 years there was no waste disposal, people burned what they could and dumped what would not burn in a nearby gully or ditch. My grandmother in North Carolina did this not too long ago.

Occasionally we find these caches of junk, usually glass and dinner plates is the only thing left, metal rusts away. I've found this stuff on many properties I've worked on.

There are no sabatores planting glass to get you, like the boogie man. Please take this knowledge and pass it on, there is no boogie man.
Ok Sorry. I don’t want to spread fake news. Just my fully developed sense of paranoia. Nuthin to see here folks.
0706B8CF-EE49-4028-AB3B-8B3052279AB5.gif

Just watch out for the glass!

don

Rode for a couple of hours in Hartshorne today, and thank you, thank you, thank you @pooriggy @don and @Larry-who's-not-on here. The GT connector to the top lot is so much better to climb up now that the dips are less aggressive.
Thanks a bunch dude - from the slack I've heard over the last couple days I needed a :thumbsup haha

BTW - we still have some more fine tuning and finish work so it will only get better.

Karate Monkey

Attention: the wild raspberries are just starting to peek out now, by next week, you're looking at an explosion of berries.

If you're like me, and enjoy wild raspberries, next Friday/Saturday/Sunday promises to deliver some good crop of berries.

JonF

Its been about a month or so since i last rode Shorne but this year's heatwave seemed to have amplified the typical summer sandy trail conditions. Watch them corners!

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Trails are real nice after the rain we got. The roots are a tad slippery. Should be good by this afternoon. 2 new trees down, already reported to Chris. The one by buttermilk lot can be cut with a handsaw, the other is too big.

Screenshot_20220913-102307-339.png
Screenshot_20220913-113635.png

Attachments

• 53331.jpeg
    53331.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 65
  • 53338.jpeg
    53338.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 74

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions