Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Honestly, in the spring like this harts will be fine tomorrow. But it will be packed.
I've been riding huber only for like 2 weeks because of the traffic. Lots of new looking riders, which is great.

Gonna get me some harts tomorrow. I shoulda rode. It only rained for like 30 minutes.

Monmouth announced parks to close tomorrow, April 8th. Fuck everything.
Yeah, Gov. Murphy ordered all state and county parks closed indefinitely. :mad: That would even include things like the Henry Hudson Trail, which is part of the county parks system.

Yeah, Gov. Murphy ordered all state and county parks closed. :mad: That would even include things like the Henry Hudson Trail, which is part of the county parks system.
Wish they could just post rangers at the lots and spot the dumb fucks and let responsible people do their thing. I'm probably just gonna ride in.

Wish they could just post rangers at the lots and spot the dumb fucks and let responsible people do their thing. I'm probably just gonna ride in.
hey if you plan on "just riding in", it's a bad look but your decision (and your fine if caught). But why post about it on a public website?

Reactions: Kev
I rode to Huber this am around 7:30. Saw a couple other mtb on trails, bunch of runners and a few families with dogs. Conditions were pretty good, I was the only one who covered up at all when passing any of the groups...slid my buff up while passing on trail and lowered 30 seconds later.

The Mrs. and I rode Huber yesterday and conditions were very good. We both had face coverings around our necks that we pulled up when passing folks. I'd say only 1/3 of the people we passed did the same. I can't recall anyone on an MTB doing it though... We did see a group of 3 on bikes that seemed awfully close for social distancing.

Has anyone been to Heartshorne or Huber lately? Deciding between there or LewMo for a quick AM ride.

I'd go CR over LM - probably close in driving time?
it is in good shape - except for a couple mud holes on blue.
If looking for something a little flatter, drive out to Nassau.

Has anyone been to Heartshorne or Huber lately? Deciding between there or LewMo for a quick AM ride.
its been fine lately, today will be no different, just be aware it is a highly traveled park by walkers and dog people. you will be crossing paths with them, dont go recklessly flying around corners.

Yes agree, I've been going there over 20 years. I was looking to scoot out have a ride and get back by 11 for a noon meeting and Hearts and LewMo are reasonable. CR may work but not sure of 287 traffic in lockdown and the Mrs may balk...

Yes agree, I've been going there over 20 years. I was looking to scoot out have a ride and get back by 11 for a noon meeting and Hearts and LewMo are reasonable. CR may work but not sure of 287 traffic in lockdown and the Mrs may balk...

rt 78, to exit 32 -
or the clark->westfield->mountainside->rt 22->cr road (ballfield lot is better right now)
?

based on your profile, your in clark, from my place in union its 37 or 38 min to lewis morris, its 45ish to hartshorn and like 27 to chimney rock,(down 78) based on a mentioned time constraint id go to CR

You all missed the one part of my reply... the MRs. For some reason she's not a fan of the rocks at CR w/o a fat bike... :)

Either way, just got an invite for a 10:00 so I guess it's roads in Clark/Rahway/Winfield Park today - rats!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions