Hardtail Talk!!

Need a little HELP! With stem choice. I think they both would be a good stem choice not sure which is better? My biggest uncertainty is should I go with 40 mm or 50 mm don’t really know because my bikes not together so I have nothing to compare it to.

Attachments

• C62ED133-4C4B-46FC-9D99-112F3C74E6D2.png
    C62ED133-4C4B-46FC-9D99-112F3C74E6D2.png
    185 KB · Views: 67
  • 9FA41171-7514-45E6-8893-07F3C46BE938.png
    9FA41171-7514-45E6-8893-07F3C46BE938.png
    193.8 KB · Views: 69
Need a little HELP! With stem choice. I think they both would be a good stem choice not sure which is better? My biggest uncertainty is should I go with 40 mm or 50 mm don’t really know because my bikes not together so I have nothing to compare it to.
get 35mm instead of regular
the shorter the beter for handling

I have both on different bikes. Deity is a bit lighter, and prettier. Chromag is burlier and looks ....tougher ? Either is a good choice. I agree with 71er, on that frame , with the long geo, shorter will probably work best.

I have both on different bikes. Deity is a bit lighter, and prettier. Chromag is burlier and looks ....tougher ? Either is a good choice. I agree with 71er, on that frame , with the long geo, shorter will probably work best.
Keep in mind I’m pretty tall and have long arms I’m 6’ right at the end of the size large sizing

Keep in mind I’m pretty tall and have long arms I’m 6’ right at the end of the size large sizing

On Bro builds handling trumps fit all day. Shorter the better for the gnar. Then you bend your elbows to get the reach correct.

Hey, that Timberjack from Long Island just ended up here in the shop. Small world.
Was it really a good deal at $600?

Sorry I didn't stop to say hi yesterday. You were right, I didn't have any challenge with the 30/16 (BTW it's just a tad harder than 32/18) at Allaire yesterday nor I had to spin, which probably means I need to go up to a 32/16.

View attachment 167576
View attachment 167577
Ritchey P-29er. Mine
Ragley. Paul's better pic of a sweet ride
I know I'll get a lot hate for this but I really don't care. I never said and will never say that the new geo is bad, I'm sure it's best (my FS has a 65.25deg headtube angle after all and that is what I use on the gnar). Esthetically though I'm stuck on older bikes such as the Ritchey, and that's why I'm probably picking up my 3rd El Mariachi later today.

Back
Top Bottom