Happy New Year

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hope everyone had a safe & happy holiday. Happy new year and best wishes for 2007.

I don't do resolutions but if you do, good luck with all that.

walter

Fourth Party
i wish you all many many miles in the new year.

with that being said...i sat on my ass ALL day

About an hour ago my wife turned to me and said, " I dont think I will be able to fall asleep tonight", we did absolutely nothing today but move from the bed to the couch and back to the bed again watching movies with the little one.

ArmyOfNone

:rofl: Yeah.....me too. I did look at the bikes though.;)

About an hour ago my wife turned to me and said, " I dont think I will be able to fall asleep tonight", we did absolutely nothing today but move from the bed to the couch and back to the bed again watching movies with the little one.

i went from the bed to the couch to the fridge and back to the couch. I also did look at bikes...debating on a fixed gear roadie

ArmyOfNone

On my list as well, alot of options out there that are really affordable

what are you lookin at? im not really sure what exactly i want to do. like you said...it doesnt appear to be to expensive, which is a good thing!

walter

Fourth Party
what are you lookin at? im not really sure what exactly i want to do. like you said...it doesnt appear to be to expensive, which is a good thing!

Specifically Im interested in the specialized langster, its like $650, carbon fork, the base model comes with brakes and a flip flop hub so you can run it either fixed or as ss. Giant makes the Bowery and thats only like 500, not sure if thats a fixie or just ss. Theres a bunch out there, guess it depends on how much loot you want to drop. Trek, Bianchi, Raleigh, Surly all got em.

walter

ArmyOfNone

Specifically Im interested in the specialized langster, its like $650, carbon fork, the base model comes with brakes and a flip flop hub so you can run it either fixed or as ss. Giant makes the Bowery and thats only like 500, not sure if thats a fixie or just ss. Theres a bunch out there, guess it depends on how much loot you want to drop. Trek, Bianchi, Raleigh, Surly all got em.

walter

I did notice the bowery, halters has one on the floor. I didnt have a chance to take it out. i know its a fixie, dunno bout the ss part. i was debating on if it would be worth building one up. but it looks cheaper to just but one complete.

heythorp

Happy New Year to all.

Hope everyone had a good holiday season. I missed riding on the first so I only have 364 more days to ride this year.

No real resolutions just a lot of work to be done on the house. Vaulting ceilings, deck work, need to do the siding, gut a bathroom and kitchen.

Probably going to cut into my riding a bit this year.

D

DANSPANK

Happy New Year Chaps and Chapesses!

Did bugger-all yesterday apart from watch movies. Today's such a great day though. I wish I was out there.

I plan to do a lot of road riding this year as I work in Jersey City and it's almost impossible to make the trails after work apart from perhaps June 21st or something. Hopefully the road riding will build stamina and endurance for the real fun out there in the woods!

The only contention I have is I live in Secaucus and I don't fancy my chances of riding along route 3 to get to the nearest hills on a road bike!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
there are some good enough climbs to be had up near fort lee in and around the pallisades. not too long, but pretty steep, and it would be a bit more pleasant of a ride than going down rt 3.

D

DANSPANK

Oh Bearded One,

I've been reading your training blog to see some of the trails you ride - you should add a "The Beard Speaks" to the trails on the trail directory, to offer gems of wisdom for us new-to-NJ folk...

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
capo

walter

Wait and ride the Cannondale Capo.

All these others are pigs compared to the c-dale.

I got a 56 in today that you should ride.

it is a bit more loot but well worth it.

J_

ArmyOfNone

Oh Bearded One,

I've been reading your training blog to see some of the trails you ride - you should add a "The Beard Speaks" to the trails on the trail directory, to offer gems of wisdom for us new-to-NJ folk...

hail the all mighty bearded one...

Top Bottom