Halter's Cycles

scalpel6

Great shop! Jason and the staff go the extra mile. These guys ride what they sell. I just picked up two bikes and they would not let me leave until is was completely happy. Give them a look.

R

racer713

I couldn't agree more. I have known Jay for a long time. He was on my bus in middle school - damn that was a long time ago. He sold me my first cannondale in 97. I went back for my second one this year,a sweet Rush 3. He is a great guy to work with. Excellent fitment and super helpfull. I big thanks to Chris too. Look forward to riding more with you guys.

I couldn't agree more. I have known Jay for a long time. He was on my bus in middle school - damn that was a long time ago. He sold me my first cannondale in 97.

Did he wear a 'fro back then or was it shaved in middle school too? Actually I only saw the inklings of a fro once, sometime back in 2004 or so...he was letting it grow in for the winter.

I, too, purchased my first Cannondale (R700) from Jason. Then my second (Jekyll). And a third (R1000). He has done maintenance on my several bikes and given me good advice about equipment and riding in general. And he introduced me to Pedros Fest, one of the best mini-vacations I have ever taken.

walter

Fourth Party
I have only been dealing with J and crew for less than a year, but in that time he has done more for me than any shop in the past, combined. There are other shops that are actually closer to me distance wise, some of them I have to drive past to get to his, but the service, selection, advice, laughs, etc. are all worth it.

Keep up the good work!!!

R

racer713

"Did he wear a 'fro back then or was it shaved in middle school too? Actually I only saw the inklings of a fro once, sometime back in 2004 or so...he was letting it grow in for the winter."

I saw some Fro now and than.

"Wait a minute, what size Rush 3 did you buy???"

Small = Love it

Shaggz

A strong 7
Well, I finally made it down to Halter's today. Jason was good enough to send a set of killer sidis up to the 24hoa for me, and i had to settle my debt with the man.

i've got to say, i was floored by the amount of product that he has in that shop - almost every square inch of floor and wall space was covered. Looking for a set of ergons? check. looking for a some nice shoes? check. looking for any combination of bike racks? check. shorts, high end wheel sets, sewn road tires, '08 haro mary, xc or ridigid? check check check check check check.

my schedule didn't allow for me to spend that much to chat with jay, and the shop phone didn't help either. at any one point, jason had two phones in his hands fielding calls, including some from other shops picking his brain for some technical advice.

this is a true bike shop. i said to jason that i can see why the guys like to hang out there so much. i could have easily spent a couple of hours just looking through the merchandise and bikes. this shop is worth the drive, and it is the type of shop that other lbs' should strive to be like when they grow up.

btw - i also got a sneak peak at the new halter's web site, and it has about as much personality as the shop, stay tuned!

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Jason and Chirs and the rest of the crew rock. I agree, they have done more for me than any other shop in the past. Super fast service too!

Wobbegong

Agreed, Halters is what a bike shop should be. I'll be over there tomorrow to treat myself to a new pair of shoes for my 35th b-day.:)

ArmyOfNone

I know anytime i go to the shop i am spending atleast one hour. However, I cant remember the last time i was there for just one hour :hmmm: Its a great spot.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
:D Thanks Guys!

We have put in a ton of work over the last few years.

I had a guy who is sponsored by one of the biggest shops in the state shopping in our store yesterday.

He said that although he can get a better deal through his sponsor they just don't stock the small important stuff that we do. This was a pretty great compliment.

To be real for a 2nd I will also mention that we are a bit messy, sarcastic and perhaps short with folks at times. This is part of the human condition I guess. We are far from a polished setup but at times we do better than we ever hoped. It is all about good friends, good music and a really good time.

We do all ride bikes.. We have the scars to prove it. We won't hire anyone who isnt a rider.

Thanks and Thanks

J_

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
J justed fitted me for a road bike today. Go there now and spend money, J and Chris are first class when it comes to advice, wrenching, fitting and availibity of products (a big plus).

Top Bottom