Haloween Race @ 909

Oreo

Haloween Race @ 909 Video

Here's an event you dont want to miss next yr ! 75 people showed up and the trails are in great shape. We did a 6.5 hr ride from Barbara Dr in Pompton lakes to Sheps lake and back on Fri and thought my legs are gonna be dead so I decided to just have fun and take videos. Fun time all around.
Rob, sorry didnt see your post about going to the race,I really should log in everytime to see my PMs. We had a big group from WMBA gathered around a local's campsite after the race for
sausages and peppers, beer and some! Hope to see more peeps next yr. Oh, you should see the skully trophys, custom made ! Thanks to Tim Schopen for organizing the event.

Progressive:
http://www.mydeo.com/videodownload.asp?YID=660&CID=229992

Copy:
http://www.mydeo.com/videosavecopy.asp?ZID=850&CID=229992

Last edited:

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Creepy!

Oreo, WOW! I am so glad I didn't do that race, it was creepy just watching it!
It may have been the awesome backround audio that you played. If a animal would have jump out at me or crossed my path during the race I would have freaked! A few years ago I was really into scuba diving, one time I did a night dive and it was way to erie for me. Doing that race I would have been way to scared. Great video as usual. Too think that Heidi (pokgirl) would have wanted monsters and creey's to jump out at the riders is just plain nuts! It's daylight for me :D

RC ... :)

Pokgirl

Spork
Hahaha - the scary jump outs from the trees would have been fabulous!!! :D

I took off after grape man (my fellow teammate/team leader Rob Kelley) - and I found some grapes on the trail. In one point, I found several. I wondered what mishap had happened there - like debris from a crash scene.

It isn't lonely or scary at all. There are lights in front of you, behind you. We are all slugging it out / flying off and on the trail together. And somehow we all find the end - and then the fun really begins!

Here is some more fun shots / vid from the race on this thread from Fats: http://www.fatsinthecats.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1909

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Hahaha - the scary jump outs from the trees would have been fabulous!! :D It isn't lonely or scary at all.

Heidi, fabulous? I dam sure would have peed my shorts if something jumped out of the trees or anywhere else for that matter

RC ... :)

RNG1

Dude I was so bummed, I really wanted to do this especially how nice the weather was. Had I known you were going for sure it might have gotten me up there although I was kind of beat and was not looking forward to a late night drive home. Did you see the new frame post yet?

RNG1

Dude that was classic. What happened when you stopped? At first I thought you crashed and your head came off with that crazy perspective. Next year count me in!

Oreo

Did you see the new frame post yet?

OK, i give up, where is it ??

I burpped my front tire, didnt you hear the PFFFT ? cost me 3 min. Its relevant because my friend that finished 3rd is only 2 min ahead, damn, I dindt know It was close.

Last edited:

RNG1

OK, i give up, where is it ??

I burpped my front tire, didnt you hear the PFFFT ? cost me 3 min. Its relevant because my friend that finished 3rd is only 2 min ahead, damn, I dindt know It was close.

Wow that's a great effort. I had read that there was a pretty tricky spot in the beginning of the course but I didn't see that in the video. I've got to start doing some night riding as I just got my hands on a light. I was also a little concerned doing that race as a first real night ride but was planning on just doing it and have fun.
Look at my post "Oh snap"

Top Bottom