H2H Race #1: Mooch Madness Pre-Ride Info (Group ride Thursday 6PM)

I'll be there tomorrow for the ride. Looking forward to it

Sorry I didn't stop Pat but I did say hello. Saying hello again now.

Teasing, blood flow to my ears is the first to go!
--------------------------------

You know i was trying to give Wendi some room on that climb!!!

I'll be up there again mid-day tomorrow - not sure when yet....i'll look for some B&O.

Nice course! Overall it has a bit of everything including technical sections, a few nice climbs and fire road sections for recovery. I'd say Cat 1 laps will be in the 35 minute range.

@fidodie at least rate the course, it helps sell tickets you know...

Its got a beat, you can dance to it. I'll give it an 8.5.

----

as a general description, there are some nice climbs, not so steep that you need to stay seated, but they will test. The tech is all over the place, but very ridable - the sections are short, so a bobble could result in running the rest of it - The downhills are fast, with a couple of surprises.

While i'm not qualified to judge a race course - lack of experience - i saw multiple lines, with plenty of passing opportunities - a road sprint, a tricky skinny near the pond, and a tough, but fair finishing section.

Last edited:
Is camp wheeler the same address shown on bikereg page?i should be there around 5 tomorrow

Nice course! Challenging and fun! You really don't need the Garmin file to ride it. It's well marked and/or groomed well enough to find your way without a Garmin. Those bears though! I didn't see the lions. I think they were sleeping off a hangover, but the bears wouldn't let me near the cooler wherever it was! They just kept asking for more beer! I finally just had to ride off!

Sounds like people will be there riding from 2pm on. I'm going to see if I can get there around 4.

Is camp wheeler the same address shown on bikereg page?i should be there around 5 tomorrow

Yes. The BSA has 2 camps in it. Boy scouts and bin scouts. Same driveway. Normally we use the left "main" camp and so does the cranks camping and the old 24 hour race.

This time we are using the camp that's the first right after you pull in. Make that right and Just keep going until you see an obvious parking lot.

Same place where you parked. Professional parking crew will jam that lot then over flow down the road.

Same place where you parked. Professional parking crew will jam that lot then over flow down the road.

Seems the course came out onto the parking lot - i know i'll see it morning of, but what was the plan there? If i read the map correctly, the start/finish is uphill from the
sheriff's office...???

Just pre rode with Juan and Chris. The course is amazing. Likely to be my new h2h favorite. The single track flows, the climbs seem really clean (no loose rocks or leaves) and the descents are WICKED. Thanks for your advice on lines Juan! Great riding with you Chris! See you both Sunday!
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom