Group Gravel Ride 3/7 Columbia Trail

Mr. E Man

As tempting as that sounds, not this time.

1583459447135.jpeg
3 wheeler as in this?? That would be dope, cruising down Columbia trial.

serviceguy

Bubba the cat has taken a turn for the worse and it ain't pretty, if the vet can see him tomorrow morning I'm out.

@mtbiker87 we should meet somewhere just in case so I can give you the cage, I can drop it at your place if you want me to. Let me know.

iman29

Confirming I am in as well finally able to make one of these rides.

I will try to remember to bring my 10 year old MTB and not my road bike ?.

I know the whole trail really well for anyone who is on a MTB and wants to ride a moderate pace. I may head back before we hit the trailhead in Flanders depending on time.

@mtbiker87 i will bring the tire.

Look forward to putting names and faces with mtbnj names.

iman29

How’s the trail gonna be after all this rain?
Or snow up there?

The whole trail is basically hard packed gravel so it’s pretty resistant to the rain even the day after a storm. After a bad rain there’s one or two typical wet spots but nothing impassable or that would damage anything by riding it.

Right now up here it’s raining very lightly and it’s supposed to end by 10pm. I have been in and out all night for kids basketball practice and there hasn’t been any snow maybe a flurry or two at most. Temps will
Not go below freezing tonight so very little risk of icy stuff.

I would suggest fenders/mudguards of any kind if you have it to reduce the skunk stripe. and I usually like to cover my mouth/face with a light neck gaiter cause then I don’t have to eat the grit spray off the trail with a group ride like this.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry folks....life is getting in the way for this ride. I'm out. Have fun and enjoy the tasty beverages at the HB Brewery.

Top Bottom