Group Gravel Ride 3/7 Columbia Trail

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We are pleased to announce the next group ride will be a collaboration with our friends at Team HB Hilltop.

Join us on a trek down the Columbia trail. This is a gravel ride, which is suitable for all levels of cyclists, beginner to expert. Bring what you have, mountain bike, gravel bike, CX bike...we will have a group to suit your pace. If NICA teams are interested, this would be a good ride to jump on.

The date is next Saturday 3/7 at 9am. We will go out and back, with the goal of returning to the parking lot by 12pm. For those looking to eat and or drink afterwards Circa Restaurant and Highrail Brewery are located nearby.

We hope you can make it!

@MissJR @JimN
@WickedSistahEast

Saturday 3/7 at 9am

Park Here.

Columbia Trailhead Parking, Highbridge
73 Main St, High Bridge, NJ 08829

Last edited:
Sounds fun, do we know what the mileage would be? Elevation?
A55598C3-0983-47BC-B5C8-C04DFF591354.png

It can be up to about 30 miles. But it's easy to just turn around and head back for those who need fewer miles.
Elevation? What elevation? It's like 400 ft for all 30 miles. Maybe.
I know it’s a rail trail but the furthest I’ve been on the Columbia trail is the cutoff to Nassau.
What about the gorge? What’s that like?

I know it’s a rail trail but the furthest I’ve been on the Columbia trail is the cutoff to Nassau.
What about the gorge? What’s that like?

it goes under the trestle and runs along the water from hoffman's crossing all the way to the dam near the ironworks.
there are trails that run back up to the CT (through the ironworks), or take the road, or do a nassau lap!
nice area.

it goes under the trestle and runs along the water from hoffman's crossing all the way to the dam near the ironworks.
there are trails that run back up to the CT (through the ironworks), or take the road, or do a nassau lap!
nice area.
Right. I said it in one word though. Gorgy.

Back
Top Bottom