Grandmas Ride

The last road ride I did w/ the Garmin in my pocket, Motion Based had my top speed at 78.1 mph. Must be accurate.

Man, I'm fast.

when i ride past picatinny arsenals tower, i go upwards of 300 mph. i also veer off into the woods suddenly while doing this, flip a 90 degree plus turn and ride back without consequence.

TT Help

Im thinkin of doing a sort of Time Trial effort today on the trainer. 30 minutes or so. Im having a problem deciding how to pace myself. I know its supposed to be an "all out" type effort, but on the other hand i dont want to blow everything to early. Tips?

It will be with something in the big ring for sure (thanks chris ;) )

What's the point? Unless you're going to go back to the trainer in July and compare results it's not much use.

If you want to get in a brutal-hard workout, do this: After your standard warmup, do a 3 minute all-out effort. Rest for 1 minute. Do 3 on, 1 rest. When you can't do 3 any more do 2 on, 1 rest. When you can't do 2 any more, do 1 and 1. Cool down.

i did a ten mile all out effort last month (i think) so i'm due for another one soon. just keep pushing as hard as you can until you feel like you're going to puke. then stop. or do what norm said.

well my point was i was just lookin for something different to do on the trainer. I have one interval type workout. Ill try the norm/jake interval today.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2285603

I did six sets of intervals on canal road today. Went something like this:
Warm Up: From home to canal road
Intervals:
3min-1.5 min rest
2min-1 min rest
1.5 min- 45 sec rest
1 min- 30 sec rest
30 sec- then 5 min recovery
repeat x5
Cool Down was my ride back home

It was pretty windy which made it tough at times. I kept a gear in the big ring that i could push at 80-90 rpm. The ride home sucked bc the wind was worse. I hate the wind.

My plan for tomorrow is just to get out and pedal. I have been trying to do, one interval and one hill ride per week. Maybe one extra of either\or depending on how i feel. The rest of my rides will be flat, and not tough.

Is it just as bad to do longer easier rides than harder workouts? Or should i shorten up some of the rides?

My plan for tomorrow is just to get out and pedal. I have been trying to do, one interval and one hill ride per week. Maybe one extra of either\or depending on how i feel. The rest of my rides will be flat, and not tough.

Is it just as bad to do longer easier rides than harder workouts? Or should i shorten up some of the rides?
Longer rides at a more moderate pace will fatigue you in a different fashion than the short brutal efforts, but it all adds up.

I know im thinking too much about what im doing and how im doing it. I dont think i can control it all that much. I guess if anything is good. I try to listen to my body and make decisions to ride or not to ride based upon that.

"To ride or not to ride!" that is the question. and then something about yonder and windows and light. However Shakespeare said it.

Im goin for test spin with the gps...BRB

i was wondering the same thing. looks like he may be getting in 10 or 12...maybe more. ahh, the unmarried, no kids life.

I was wondering in terms of what kind of "training" he would be best doing. 10-12 is an interesting area. IMO you don't need any more than 10-12. I know for a fact some elites are in this realm. But to be clear, there ain't no Mary Poppins riding for them. This is a serious 10-12 hours. But I digress.

Back
Top Bottom