Going Long and Hard.

Got to take the monster out today. Such a fun and terrifying bike to ride. No zoning out or you die.

PSX_20230306_091649.jpg

Rainy Morning Session. Making progress. 255lbs for reps. Feel like I'm ready to hit my 275 lift and then this program is basically done. I have an in Season Plan that's more flexible so we might not see any real improvement until after Paris-Brest when ITI Training starts.

PSX_20230311_103912.jpg

Meh...Speed work. I also forgot I have a Stage Race in Virginia this weekend. I was sorta focused on the Brevet Season Opener at Batsto the week after. I have zero expectations except for riding my bike for a couple of days and that's about it...

PSX_20230313_134523.jpg

Here's the stuff I was talking about from the place down the road. I'm going with 2 scoops (50g) per bottle this weekend.

20230314_184528.jpg

Tour de Pochahontas Stage Race.

Went down to Richmond to race this and have a fun MTB weekend.

Stage 1 was an XXC 30 mile loop. I raced Open because I hate myself. I knew doing 25mph up the fire road into the woods at the start that this would now end well for me. I rode around at what I felt was actually a good XC Pace for these parts, but down there it equated to DFL, which in Open is...8th Place!! The winner did it in 2 hours flat. Basically an Allaire Type vibe and terrain so not hard, but 15mph in the woods is fast. It was a nice reminder that I've broken my body and can't really do these short efforts anymore 🤣

So Stage 2 was right after that ass whooping, a 2.5 mile TT. Being there were people still on the XXC Course the Promoter couldn't change the route markings so he just drew it in the dirt with a stick. Like, go this way and that's the course. Tell me what the timer on your Garmin says when you finish. Definitely a low key event. Managed to also come in DFL for that...8 place!!

Day 2 was the last Stage which was just a tradition XC 3 Lap Race. Surprisingly, I rode well. I guess this is where doing long helps a bit. I tend to get stronger as time goes by. I did not come in DFL doing 21 miles in just over 2 hours. Bumped myself up the 2nd to DFL in the Overall...7th Place!!

I only took 1 pic all weekend of my own bike because I went down with a girl and they're needy. Possible opening for new Adventure Partner available. DM to Apply 🤣

PSX_20230319_205533.jpg

Back
Top Bottom