Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Taken off the waitlist for the Yomp Rally this morning so...looks like I'm headed back to Cali in a couple weeks.

h123_location_yomp_recon_35.1.jpg

h123_location_yomp_recon_4451.jpg

Steve Vai

Isn’t it supposed to drift off into the Pacific Ocean and be claimed by China the moment it enters international waters? I would have bet the family fortune that was the case…

With the amount of Silicone in LA I think the buoyancy would be off and the whole state will flip upside down as soon as it hit deeper water.

Steve Vai

Since I had to send my Gravel Reverb back to Sram because I broke it Bikepacking, they sent me one for my Epic so I don't break another one. And, they sent me a stock one. So my Epic is 100% stock stuff so I can bring it anywhere I want without worrying. Although, I rode my Crux yesterday at HoH with 100% prototype Red stuff and only 1 person noticed right at the end of the ride. It was leaned up against stuff at all the Aid Stations and at the Start/Finish with zero people noticing so...you missed it.

20230327_105821.jpg

Anywhoo. I did rolling Tech Support for HoH again this year. Always one of my favorite days of the season. Great to catch up with so many people and jump between groups throughout the day. I was on a straight up road 1x road group though so towards the end my legs were pretty toasty. Running a 46t with a 10-36 cassette. A little easier than a Single Speed gearing, but not by a lot...Tons of flats this year. So many people running stupid ass tire choices. 25c GP5000s, Corsas, Turbos, with tubes and 60mm wheels? Morons. Yes it's 80% road. But It's also 20% you're fucked with 25c Corsas.

PSX_20230326_152012.jpg

PSX_20230326_151931.jpg

PSX_20230326_151614.jpg

And, I blew off the first Brevet of the season because I didn't want to ride in South Jersey in the wind and rain when I was told about a sweet loophole in the rules. I know you get credit for a pre-ride when you Volunteer, but I didn't know you can get credit for multiple distances if the event offers them!! So the next Brevet has a 200 and 300 distance and I'm working it, so I can pre-ride both routes for credit. So dope. Also means I can double up later in the season and do the 600 and 1,000 because I'll be in Cali during the 600 doing a 600.

The Kalmyk

Since I had to send my Gravel Reverb back to Sram because I broke it Bikepacking, they sent me one for my Epic so I don't break another one. And, they sent me a stock one. So my Epic is 100% stock stuff so I can bring it anywhere I want without worrying. Although, I rode my Crux yesterday at HoH with 100% prototype Red stuff and only 1 person noticed right at the end of the ride. It was leaned up against stuff at all the Aid Stations and at the Start/Finish with zero people noticing so...you missed it.

View attachment 210317

Anywhoo. I did rolling Tech Support for HoH again this year. Always one of my favorite days of the season. Great to catch up with so many people and jump between groups throughout the day. I was on a straight up road 1x road group though so towards the end my legs were pretty toasty. Running a 46t with a 10-36 cassette. A little easier than a Single Speed gearing, but not by a lot...Tons of flats this year. So many people running stupid ass tire choices. 25c GP5000s, Corsas, Turbos, with tubes and 60mm wheels? Morons. Yes it's 80% road. But It's also 20% you're fucked with 25c Corsas.

View attachment 210318

View attachment 210319

View attachment 210320

And, I blew off the first Brevet of the season because I didn't want to ride in South Jersey in the wind and rain when I was told about a sweet loophole in the rules. I know you get credit for a pre-ride when you Volunteer, but I didn't know you can get credit for multiple distances if the event offers them!! So the next Brevet has a 200 and 300 distance and I'm working it, so I can pre-ride both routes for credit. So dope. Also means I can double up later in the season and do the 600 and 1,000 because I'll be in Cali during the 600 doing a 600.

Wind wasnt terrible. But weeeeetttt asf.

Cya on the 8th

Top Bottom