Go Ride Chimney Rock

Sending customers there daily. Many people are intimidated by the name I guess. Maybe we can change it to muffin rock. Everyone loves muffins
You might be joking, but I stayed away from it for years because of this exact reason, I finally got there at last years group ride and I couldn't believe that I had never been there before.

I went today for the first time in a long time.
Middle blue was cool. I must have missed the new white stuff and how is the guardrail climb somehow harder now? :p

looking for tech. What did I miss?
the exit on 287 in north jersey. :) (I'M JUST KIDDING!)

There are still a few tech features if you look around. And there's a really short OG connector on blue that remains the most technical climb in the park (my own personal white whale). CR has evolved from a rock-laden free for all into a purpose-built, bit of everything. Its not as "tech" as it used to be (and I do miss some stuff) but on balance its definitely more sustainable and more fun day on the bike than it used to be.

the exit on 287 in north jersey. :) (I'M JUST KIDDING!)

There are still a few tech features if you look around. And there's a really short OG connector on blue that remains the most technical climb in the park (my own personal white whale). CR has evolved from a rock-laden free for all into a purpose-built, bit of everything. Its not as "tech" as it used to be (and I do miss some stuff) but on balance its definitely more sustainable and more fun day on the bike than it used to be.
Heh, I live 8 minutes from Wildcat, so it's not like I'm hurting. Just looking for new places to ride.

What is the best place to park to ride Cromwell (closer than Gilbride?)

Cromwell is not open to the public yet. There’s no parking on-site.

I’m also told be someone who rode there today that the park is a muddy mess.

I see an Ebike in your future.
Ya fat bastard.
189.8 today.

My name is The, and I'm a blue 🐳
1000004394-01.jpeg

Hello CR regulars. As many of you know, @Kirt has been pouring a lot of love into CR this fall and those of you who've been riding there must see the positive changes that have been taking place. We rode there Saturday and the leaves are coming down in droves right now. This is both good in helping cover the edges where we dig up lots of soil and such, but also bad because the new trail is being buried fast.

On that note, here is a list of things that could help burn in all that new work:
  1. Wheels on the ground
  2. Wheels on the ground
  3. Wheels on the ground
Specifically in blue and white, which are the 2 areas that have gotten the most recent work done. If you absolutely must have a 4th option to the above, might I suggest:

4. Wheels on the ground

With the exception of lower blue, the trails are really solid right now. If you can get out to ride, do it. Do it early, and often. We want to see people on the new stuff helping firm it up.

Thanks, and keep an eye out for more new stuff coming soon!
love all the new improved features on White and Blue trails. Saw some improvements at Cromwell (Dec 9). Makes CR (my home base) fresh again. thanks!

love all the new improved features on White and Blue trails. Saw some improvements at Cromwell (Dec 9). Makes CR (my home base) fresh again. thanks!

Thanks Tony!

As many of you are aware, Cromwell is still technically not open. We don't have a date yet but I think it will be sooner than later now. Of course, with this much rain I don't know how dry it's going to be.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions