Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
God, I do love the Giro.....Even COVID couldn’t fuck it up.....
41340039-D7AE-4FF0-B21C-B43DECABC4C6.png

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I just bought the GCN+ annual race passed since they opened up a bunch of stuff to the US. A lot of big races on there, many of them live (just none of the ASO races). The giro alone is probably worth the cost.

I just watched the UAE tour fists start, full on demand video. Extra treat was it was the Eurosport feed so got to here Carlton Kirby.

It is on sale $24.99 for the year through the end of February.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I just bought the GCN+ annual race passed since they opened up a bunch of stuff to the US. A lot of big races on there, many of them live (just none of the ASO races). The giro alone is probably worth the cost.

I just watched the UAE tour fists start, full on demand video. Extra treat was it was the Eurosport feed so got to here Carlton Kirby.

It is on sale $24.99 for the year through the end of February.
I would be happy if all the pros races ended up on gcn. Tired of the multiple services and euro bootleg streams. I find the videos gcn puts out pretty entertaining, would be nice to have a service that actually focuses on cycling and not a hundred different sports at once. Gcn seems like they would do it justice.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I would be happy if all the pros races ended up on gcn. Tired of the multiple services and euro bootleg streams. I find the videos gcn puts out pretty entertaining, would be nice to have a service that actually focuses on cycling and not a hundred different sports at once. Gcn seems like they would do it justice.
Im not sure they will ever get over the viewing licensing issue between the companies because that is one of the only places money can be made. Just nice to not have to grab a pirate feed.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Prediction: MVDP in a sprint finish.

EDIT: hopefully he has aluminum handlebars.

Last edited:

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I did not expect mdvp to beat alaphillippe on that finish.

Bernal was a surprise, crazy hard to finish in the lead group on those one day races.

Ian F

I did not expect mdvp to beat alaphillippe on that finish.

Bernal was a surprise, crazy hard to finish in the lead group on those one day races.
I wasn't surprised, no way Alaphilippe is going to compete with MVDP in a straight-up sprint. He said he tried but just couldn't drop him and then VDP just blew by him with a something like a 1300W sprint. The man is simply a beast.

MVDP vs. Sam Bennett during the TdF should be an epic battle for the green jersey and race wins.

Even Bernal said he was surprised to get 3rd since he's probably using the race mostly for training.

I mostly agree about GCN+, although I seem to get a constant glitch where I get kicked off the feed and over to a replay of the women's race, then I have to back out and hope it picks up roughly where it left off.

It's a bummer we don't get Paris-Nice in the US, but some racing is better than nothing. It was fun just watching the Continental team race as well.

-YETI-

It's a bummer we don't get Paris-Nice in the US, but some racing is better than nothing. It was fun just watching the Continental team race as well.
NBC Sports Gold has Paris-Nice- or you could use a VPN to stream GCN+ here.

Ian F

the GCN show has a bit on MVDP's performance at the Strade. He peak power on that last climb was 1362 watts and he averaged over 1000 for 20 seconds. Incredible.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I happened to catch the last 20 minutes of tirreno adriatico on GCN. Did not disappoint. Huge bunch sprint at the end.

Ian F

I happened to catch the last 20 minutes of tirreno adriatico on GCN. Did not disappoint. Huge bunch sprint at the end.
It's been a fun race to watch overall. Some great performances. I'm looking forward to the ITT finale tomorrow, although it'll be a PITA since I have meetings throughout most of the race. Still - a benefit of WFH is I can have both on at the same time (first world problems...).

Top Bottom