Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

Ian F

I think I heard during the feed the UAE rider drop a chain or something. I agree it caused Sagan to hesitate for a split second and that killed any minimal chance he might have had. It just seems like Peter doesn't have the same power he used to.

At 5' 5" and 148 lbs., Ewan is pretty much a set of thighs with lungs and not much else... his power-to-weight has to be off the charts compared to a lot of riders.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I think I heard during the feed the UAE rider drop a chain or something. I agree it caused Sagan to hesitate for a split second and that killed any minimal chance he might have had. It just seems like Peter doesn't have the same power he used to.

At 5' 5" and 148 lbs., Ewan is pretty much a set of thighs with lungs and not much else... his power-to-weight has to be off the charts compared to a lot of riders.
Such bad luck for Landa too...

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
First week of the Giro is always one of attrition. The Giro is where neo-pro’s go for survival training... unfortunately, collateral damage ensues.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Another quality day of GCN+\Eurosport ‘Coverage‘. 🙄

maybe someone at the network has a plastic bag handy to cover the cameras... seeing that they clearly aren’t waterproof... ⛈👀

70k to go hopefully SOME of it will actually be live.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Annnnd now we have riders being run over by inattentive support vehicle. Are you f’ng kidding me?

1620917480254.jpeg

Last edited:

serviceguy

Annnnd now we have riders being run over by inattentive support vehicle. Are you f’ng kidding me?

View attachment 157607
Support vehicle driver did not expect...a rider?

Today and Wednesday expect some nice scenery, Siena to Florence to Romagna. They're going to pass by my mum's house, it's been a while since they got anywhere near, probably honoring the memory of the greatest Gino Bartali (not only a champion but a true hero) who was born, lived and died near by in Ponte a Ema. Me and my dad used to go to the same barber shop as Gino (never met the guy there though), curiously enough the shop owner retired and moved in the same building where my mum lives!
Gino_Bartali.jpg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Support vehicle driver did not expect...a rider?

Today and Wednesday expect some nice scenery, Siena to Florence to Romagna. They're going to pass by my mum's house, it's been a while since they got anywhere near, probably honoring the memory of the greatest Gino Bartali (not only a champion but a true hero) who was born, lived and died near by in Ponte a Ema. Me and my dad used to go to the same barber shop as Gino (never met the guy there though), curiously enough the shop owner retired and moved in the same building where my mum lives!
View attachment 157886

To be fair, not too many places in Italy that doesn’t have views that take your breath away. But yes, enjoying the scenery today.

really cool to see the GC guys going for sprint time bonuses this early....

3045E75B-5A20-44AC-BA40-4B875CDF5492.png

Last edited:

Ian F

Yes! That was fun to watch. And moves Segan into the points lead.

Watching Evenepoal and Bernal fight for a few bonus seconds at the last sprint was interesting as well. Also nice to see the handshake/respect between them afterwards.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Yes! That was fun to watch. And moves Segan into the points lead.

Watching Evenepoal and Bernal fight for a few bonus seconds at the last sprint was interesting as well. Also nice to see the handshake/respect between them afterwards.
Also, I think I am starting to become a Bernal fan. That attack on the dirt yesterday to win was 🔥

Top Bottom