Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

Nail bite’r......
05B50134-5BC3-4F52-9863-A98E6FB8FC86.jpeg

Looks like the pundits might have exaggerated Bernal’s back issues the other day.....

It would take a historic collapse... or accidentally dropping a wrapper (F’ing UCI A-Holes) to surrender pink.

So.... Sonny wins stage 3 of the CdD, but will it stand?

Cuz I watched him slam against a Quick-Step Rider leading up to the sprint.... Hmmm.

842149D8-6E15-4914-BDA6-C47F7E47B3B9.png

Descending on a road bike is definitely a different kind of intensity compared to on mtn bike on dirt. The best pros can take switchback corners at speeds that seem to defy physics. Personally, I tend to keep my speed around corners more reserved due to limited sight lines. And the fact my main road bike is still running rim brakes (on rims and pads over 20 years old). Eventually, I'll get my gravel bike back together again, but until then... I try to keep it under 40 mph, although I'll occasionally go faster if the sight lines are good.

A long winding descent on smooth tarmac is as close to the sensation of flying as as you can get.... when not alone on a freshly zamboni’d sheet of ice, that is.

2EE701C1-F90E-4E04-BB65-6C564DA78473.jpeg
What an absolute debacle of a first stage.

The last road race I did had three crashes in it, and watching the first stage has erased whatever little interest I had in racing in a group ever again.

Back
Top Bottom