Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

God, this kid is incredible!

Attachments

• F2B7D49E-8DA5-4EED-87A7-BFDBF817AC61.jpeg
    F2B7D49E-8DA5-4EED-87A7-BFDBF817AC61.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 104
D

Does this include the track? He was doing pretty well in the 6 day races, obvi he done on the road.
I assume not. Road wise, he has no contract for next year and no one looking to pick him up in these unknown times.
He’ll always have a home in some capacity at British Cycling.

Last edited:
If you watch it in slow motion, you can clearly see Wout staying in the bikes slip-stream until the last second... which catches MVDP a little off guard so his reaction is way bigger than Wouts. JA was distracted, probably talking to the DS with one hand on the bars.... poof! Wack’d his right arm into the moto’s storage pod collapsing the front wheel into the moto and he went yard Sale’n all over the tarmac.

The curse of the rainbow Jersey strikes again.

If you watch it in slow motion, you can clearly see Wout staying in the bikes slip-stream until the last second... which catches MVDP a little off guard so his reaction is way bigger than Wouts. JA was distracted, probably talking to the DS with one hand on the bars.... poof! Wack’d his right arm into the moto’s storage pod collapsing the front wheel into the moto and he went yard Sale’n all over the tarmac.

The curse of the rainbow Jersey strikes again.

I saw another replay of the crash and the Moto came up on a support car that unexpectedly jammed on the brakes. So the moto slowed down quick and Wout swerved, mvdp swerved. JA did not in time. It actually looked like he had one hand on his ear like he was trying to hear something over the radio.

Maybe something about a car stopping?

Anyway. That was still a pretty great race. Too bad JA crashed out. It would have been great to see him in the sprint with the other two, but I don’t think anybody is touching mvdp in a straight sprint with no lead out. That guy just has insane power.

I have a feeling that the race would have played out differently had JA not crashed. I think he would have tried to attack those 2 on one of the climbs instead of waiting for the sprint. Not saying he would drop them, but he would have tried.

Anyway. That was still a pretty great race. Too bad JA crashed out. It would have been great to see him in the sprint with the other two, but I don’t think anybody is touching mvdp in a straight sprint with no lead out. That guy just has insane power.
Wout missed by half a bike length, so Wout can. The good thing is that we will see this dou duke it out over the next 5 years

Wout actually covered more ground then VdP in the sprint, as he came around VdP and up to dead even, I'd venture to say that if Wout had started the sprint he would have won.

Such a bizarre thing... having virtual team meetings while (in the background) watching the Giro on the iPad and simultaneously watching the Vuelta on the Apple TV.

We’ve come a long way from the days of listening to the ballgame on a handheld transistor radio.🧐

I still prefer baseball on the radio doe... 😁

Back
Top Bottom