Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Cav wouldn’t have made the time cut at half of these stages but Nizzolo’s not even getting TV time......

I only mention it because Ewan sprints like CAV (at 30% Cavs watts that is). ?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Cav wouldn’t have made the time cut at half of these stages but Nizzolo’s not even getting TV time......

I only mention it because Ewan sprints like CAV (at 30% Cavs watts that is). ?
And (somehow), 30% lower towards his front wheel.
I know you don't like the Manx Missile, but even though half his TDF wins were with the HTC express, dudeman could surf others lead outs like few others.

Mtbdog

Anyone else routing for Wout? He’s kicking ass so far. He just usually rides a little cyclocross...
A little CX, he's a 3X champ! I was under the impression that Mathieu Van Der Poole was coming with him to the Tour, haven't seen him. Is he hurt?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
And (somehow), 30% lower towards his front wheel.
I know you don't like the Manx Missile, but even though half his TDF wins were with the HTC express, dudeman could surf others lead outs like few others.

I give credit where due..... no one had a more explosive surge than he did in his prime,

Ouch, that stung a little. :)

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
He had to spell it that way.... or the Evil “S” will send the suits........ ;)
D0C1BF8C-4F95-4CCB-91B7-DBD9D7E546AA.jpeg

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I have to say I'm very impressed with how seamlessly Thomas moved to support Bernal. I'm sure he questions if he was on another team if he could have smoked him on 20 and claimed the lead, but maybe having won last year he didn't feel as torn. Pro move and I'm sure he'll be back next year when the clear top three riders all wear the same jersey.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I have to say I'm very impressed with how seamlessly Thomas moved to support Bernal. I'm sure he questions if he was on another team if he could have smoked him on 20 and claimed the lead, but maybe having won last year he didn't feel as torn. Pro move and I'm sure he'll be back next year when the clear top three riders all wear the same jersey.
I think Bernal was the leader the whole time. It is hard to tell, but one thing is certain, Sky has perfected the multi-headed dragon approach. Maybe Movistar should take some notes.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I think Bernal was the leader the whole time. It is hard to tell, but one thing is certain, Sky has perfected the multi-headed dragon approach. Maybe Movistar should take some notes.
Movistar made some very confusing moves. I’ve heard Landa and Quintana don’t communicate well with the team.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Movistar made some very confusing moves. I’ve heard Landa and Quintana don’t communicate well with the team.

There was one stage where Landa went by I think was Quintana and didnt utter a word. It was strange to say the least. Movistar is kind of the original super team in some ways but they've never put it together like Sky has.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
EB is likable and really “did the work” not just coast along and put in like one attack a tour like the typical “Evil Empire” GC’er. Just had to root for him once Julian’s run was over.

That being said, it won’t be long before the resentment begins to grow in me...... it’s inevitable. :rolleyes:

EE7CE896-D79D-40D3-8134-EAEB7BF2E987.jpeg

Top Bottom