Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

ilnadi

looks like more than TDF; internet tidbits like "compound femur fracture", "wall @65kph" (this one disputed), "crushed helmet", "airlifted", "next few hours are the most important", Brailsford: "'Very very serious condition'".
I hope I am wrong but he done messed himself up.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
jesus...you guys actually take note of what they are wearing?
the main reason is, it is the only way you can tell them apart...

ut yeah, the new team kits are a step down...
team-sky-sale_h.jpg

team_ineos_2_1920x736.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I guess the sky kits have nicer colors, but man if you hadnt mentioned it I would have never even noticed.

Ian F

Cycling kits are hideous in general. The idea is to stand out in the crowd. Honestly, I'm no fan of my own team's orange plaid motif (a number of us prefer the previous "beer glass" graphics), but I'll admit it stands out. One reason I don't like the orange is it is a bitch to match and when the shades don't match it looks like shit.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Bernal and Thomas are no divas but they can't hide the drama that the two best riders are possibly on the same team. Again. Thomas-Froome, Contador-Armstrong... the drama is good for the race build up. Especially since Quintana is rarely the factor we make him out to be. Shame the big dutchman is now out too.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Bernal and Thomas are no divas but they can't hide the drama that the two best riders are possibly on the same team. Again. Thomas-Froome, Contador-Armstrong... the drama is good for the race build up. Especially since Quintana is rarely the factor we make him out to be. Shame the big dutchman is now out too.
I thought Sagan was going for GC now?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I hadn't read that. I can't imagine him being able to stay with the best in mountains.
Sorry #sarcasm meter was off.

At least with some of these top names out, it may open the door to be more exciting. Nibali May have a chance now as he surely wasn’t keeping up with the top guys after doing the giro.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Too bad Tommy Voeckler aged out.... this scenario would have given him the opportunity to spend many hours making faces out on breakaways. :)

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Sorry #sarcasm meter was off.

At least with some of these top names out, it may open the door to be more exciting. Nibali May have a chance now as he surely wasn’t keeping up with the top guys after doing the giro.

Is he doing the tour? The only years nibali has been a tdf threat is when he skipped the giro. Probably the best rider in the world the past 10 years not named froome but 2nd in the giro says he's toast til August.

Ian F

I hadn't read that. I can't imagine him being able to stay with the best in mountains.
There was an op-ed piece a couple of years ago where the author imagined a scenario where Sagan could do it, but I understand it was very route-dependent and I don't get the impression this year's route would be friendly to that bit of day-dreaming.

Still, with the lack of strong favorites this year, there is a possibility for a relative unknown to put in the ride of their life.

My money is on Thomas. While Ineos may have lost Froome, they still have last year's winner and arguably the best supporting team, regardless of who is leading them.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
While Ineos may have lost Froome, they still have last year's winner and arguably the best supporting team, regardless of who is leading them.

I think I hate sky less now they have new sponsor and kit. I saw bernal riding in red kit and the hate just disappeared.

The EF Education squad looks good btw. Anyone know how Uran is looking?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Is he doing the tour? The only years nibali has been a tdf threat is when he skipped the giro. Probably the best rider in the world the past 10 years not named froome but 2nd in the giro says he's toast til August.
After the giro he said he will do the tour for stage wins and maybe the polka dot. However that may change with the competition. One thing about Nibali is he will attack, unlike more tour GC riders these days.

Top Bottom