Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Odds makers picks attached. Bernal and Thomas co-top picks. Followed by Fuglsang, Yates and Porte. I would have thought Landa would be above some of those guys but I dont have my finger on the pulse of all updates.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190701-093302_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190701-093302_Chrome.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 73

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Lands kinda alienates himself from his teammates, kinda hard to see him making it to the top step. I would think he’d have a shot to make top 5 though.

trener1

Landa did the Giro so that is why he is lower, also most likely he will be working for Quintana.
Yeah Landa has that reputation a bit, but he was an amazing teammate in the Giro

Ian F

The strategy more or less worked for them last year - Thomas had the legs and Froome didn't; Froome supported Thomas. Both are essentially "team players" so I doubt there will be much drama. My guess is they will both be close going into the mountains. If Thomas is struggling and Bernal has the legs to contest, my bet is Thomas will tell him to go. And vice-versa.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
And if they both think they can win it, like pretty much every GC pro ever, there will be tension and drama and all that good stuff. You're also pretending like there wasn't some tension last year. For a few stages we weren't sure what sky was doing and I dont think they were either.

Ian F

I would expect that, but once it looked obvious Thomas had things under control Froome fell in line and rode for the team. I would expect a similar dynamic this year.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I would expect that, but once it looked obvious Thomas had things under control Froome fell in line and rode for the team. I would expect a similar dynamic this year.

Maybe it'll be that clear and maybe it won't. I'm hoping for the latter :) Anyhoo this thing starts this weekend and I'm pretty psyched. Sometimes I wonder why I watch so many hours of it but I've only regretted it a couple times.

trener1

The media is making a big deal out of the cav thing but in my opinion it is a complete non story, I mean he hasn't been within sniffing distance of a win in well over 2 years, why the hell should he go to the Tour?. his chances of a win or even a podium were between 0 and -10%

trener1

As far as Fuglsang, I dont think he will win, but it is a very good outside pick, he has been on Fire this year and has a very strong team, the reason he isn't getting more press and why I am also not picking him is because he has yet to show his meddle in a grand tour, but I think it would be awesome if he wins, I'll be rooting for him, but not picking him.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I'll go with bernal. Not rooting for him, because I'd never root for sky, but they're the strongest team and he's the strongest rider. I'll root for uran and EF.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Alaphilippe is carrying over his strong spring fitness. I’m really interested in seeing what van Aert can do. I love Sagan but I think Wout will be his biggest green jersey threat in the future.

Blair

If I have to see Teejay’s bedside chats one more time I might vomit. And his in room masseuse “Pasquale” wtf are they thinking. A complete non factor in the race and still managed to continue diminishing himself year after year.

Top Bottom