Gas powered bikes?

Best value $/performance for motorcycle battery?
Project, THREE HUNDRED miles 2005 Suzuki DRZ 400 commence. Owner hung onto it for sentimental reasons. It was his dads. Let’s get it fired up in his honor!
I never had luck with chrome/glass what ever. Old school lead acid never failed me.

An Italian…..Enduros and Hare Scrambles lately.
NJ changed something with plating Betas, not sure of other brands. Came with everything needed and a motorcycle title, but DMV says it’s off-road.

NJ was plating new Betas? I saw a plated 2-stroke Husky last fall but assumed it was illegal (I mean, technically it's federally illegal). The Eatontown Husky dealer lists "yes, nj registered" next to the enduro 2-strokes but I have no idea what that really means.

Best value $/performance for motorcycle battery?
Project, THREE HUNDRED miles 2005 Suzuki DRZ 400 commence. Owner hung onto it for sentimental reasons. It was his dads. Let’s get it fired up in his honor!

Standard issue autozone Powersports battery should work great.

I have a lithium that *might* fit but was a bit wonky in my Ninja if you want to give it a shot. Issue is you’ll need a lithium charger (Shorai to be specific).

NJ was plating new Betas? I saw a plated 2-stroke Husky last fall but assumed it was illegal (I mean, technically it's federally illegal). The Eatontown Husky dealer lists "yes, nj registered" next to the enduro 2-strokes but I have no idea what that really means.
Yeah, a couple of years ago NJ Dealers were putting plates and 2 strokes. Not sure if anything changed last year.

Bimota nearly done. I picked up carbon fiber lowers from a company in Greece. Only took 6 or 7 weeks!

Reinforced a bunch of the bolt holes on the rest of the body with fiberglass. The OEM plastic cracks just looking at it.

Carbs are getting there. The set up was bizarre. Slow jet way lean, main jet extra rich. Fortunately, they're a common upgrade for 900cc Ducatis, so I could compare notes with others.
PXL_20230325_213433679.jpg

Caught up with my friend for a ride swap with his Bimota db2. They have the same engine but his doesn't have the FCR carbs and pod filters. We were curious if mine was obviously faster. It's pretty hard to do a controlled test but my bike does seem a bit quicker. I was surprised that I like riding my bike more. Handling is lighter and the front suspension feels more tied down. Part of that might just be settings. Who knows? His bikes clutch was weird too, with a narrow engagement range pretty far from the bar.

db4-and-2.jpg

Interesting detail - the entire fairing on the db2 is ONE piece. It's split at the bottom and takes two people to (gently) remove. On the plus side, it's fiberglass so it doesn't fall apart just by looking at it like crap plastic on my bike.

Caught up with my friend for a ride swap with his Bimota db2. They have the same engine but his doesn't have the FCR carbs and pod filters. We were curious if mine was obviously faster. It's pretty hard to do a controlled test but my bike does seem a bit quicker. I was surprised that I like riding my bike more. Handling is lighter and the front suspension feels more tied down. Part of that might just be settings. Who knows? His bikes clutch was weird too, with a narrow engagement range pretty far from the bar.

View attachment 210272

Interesting detail - the entire fairing on the db2 is ONE piece. It's split at the bottom and takes two people to (gently) remove. On the plus side, it's fiberglass so it doesn't fall apart just by looking at it like crap plastic on my bike.
I'd probably poo myself if I happened to see two Bimota's just sitting around. Sweet!

RCV125_grande.jpg

Im still seriously thinking about trading my bike for a KLR650.

I’m really liking my AT. I bet a KLR would be just as much fun, if not more. I don’t care what road I come across, smooth, dirt or just bombed out. And i can still get my boogie on in the turns.

Back
Top Bottom