Gas powered bikes?

The mods have been happening, slowly but I’m almost there. Put some engine guards on so now I can officially drop it in the dirt. I have some Michelin Anakee Wild tires to mount and I’m ready to get dirty. The Battlax I have on now are great for the street but definitely could be better in the gravel. I assume their gravel performance foretells sand performance, which will be worse, so a swap is gonna happen. Or maybe a second set of wheels - one set for street, one set for dirt.
4A0F0CD1-E3EA-4A4F-B3F4-05E7C606C95D.jpeg

I had Conti’s TKC70 rocks on my Tiger. I loved them for road and gravel performance, but they were real bad in the sand. Replaced them with TKC 80 - different story. Bike tracks like it is on rails if you stay on throttle

I had Conti’s TKC70 rocks on my Tiger. I loved them for road and gravel performance, but they were real bad in the sand. Replaced them with TKC 80 - different story. Bike tracks like it is on rails if you stay on throttle

I was looking at those. How do they do on the road? Do they wear fast?

On the road rear will melt like butter. You’ll be lucky if you’ll get 3k out of. But pretty much every good off-road oriented tire will be like that. Front does much better. On road handling is great: you can’t tell you are riding knobbies. If you plan to do a lot of road and relatively mild off road TKC 80 f/70 rocks rear might serve you better. This combo works well on roads like BDR. Bridgestone came out with new tires recently that look promising..

On the road rear will melt like butter. You’ll be lucky if you’ll get 3k out of. But pretty much every good off-road oriented tire will be like that. Front does much better. On road handling is great: you can’t tell you are riding knobbies. If you plan to do a lot of road and relatively mild off road TKC 80 f/70 rocks rear might serve you better. This combo works well on roads like BDR. Bridgestone came out with new tires recently that look promising..

I really think I’m going to build another wheel set. Crazy knobbies on one, stock tires on the other.

I may have ruined myself….very tough to get on the pedal bike the last few weeks.

View attachment 208782
That is friggin' sweet. 235lbs dry!

Do those have normal-ish maintenance schedules? For whatever reason, I looked up the maintenance on one of the KTM supermotos. Oil every 15hrs, piston every 45, full top end every 90 IIRC. I always assume 4-stroke dirt bikes had much less maintenance but I was totally wrong. Those are full-blown racebikes tho.

It’s pretty light that for sure!
That is friggin' sweet. 235lbs dry!

Do those have normal-ish maintenance schedules? For whatever reason, I looked up the maintenance on one of the KTM supermotos. Oil every 15hrs, piston every 45, full top end every 90 IIRC. I always assume 4-stroke dirt bikes had much less maintenance but I was totally wrong. Those are full-blown racebikes tho.
I have been following the maintenance, I don’t think it is that bad. I have talked to people who have almost 10k on these engines without opening them up. I know the two strokes are very Maintainence oriented.

8D72FCA8-170C-4B3B-9855-3CFD8A6E5C9E.png

FE350s - it is the street legal version. It is stock besides the full nobbies I put on.

Edit - I put a Seat concepts seat on as well, the local terrain deleted the license plate bracket so I had to modify that. Otherwise stock.

I keep looking at a few of these on FB marketplace. These bikes look like fun. Great idea on the seat. The stock seat is reminiscent of a 2x4.

@clarkenstein @Johnny Utah , others, you should check out the Berkshires ride in late May - it's not to be missed

Thank you! This looks right up my alley.

I’m trying to figure out with work if I can’t get out to GetOn! Adventurefest out in South Dakota this year. Work is 50/50, my better half is good with it.

If anyone is up for a ride out there, and riding the fest, then riding back let me know. I’m still on the fence, but some momentum with a few riders could convince me to just say F it to work.

Back
Top Bottom