Full Face Helmet

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Anyone else have a FF helmet sitting around that they don't use?
looking for a medium that fits like a medium :)
Not looking to spend a ton of coin so used is not a problem as long as it's structurally sound.
Preferably Central Jerseyish but would consider traveling a bit for a good deal.

Call JDog at Halter's. Tell him that I sent you to inquire about a white,black, and red FF helmet that he has.

I guess that Bell didn't work out? Sorry man...

Well, It would probably work if I took some padding out and customized it... It's just a bit too narrow. no worries, I took a chance. I seem to be right in the middle of sizes depending on model so I just have to find the right one.
I don't need one really often but would like to have the option.
Also someone really wants the Bell so I'm taking the opportunity to find one that fits me better.

Call JDog at Halter's. Tell him that I sent you to inquire about a white,black, and red FF helmet that he has.
J, are you out there in MTBNJ land?

its a large but I use med xc lids....

Anyways my forehead around measures about 22.2" so is around my cheekb bone and chin to top of head is 11.5". I have a rectangler face shape. The pads on helmet is nice and snug and I always wore a baclava even in blistering mid 90 temps. Oh and my right ball hand lowers than my left

I'm not sure what model... 661.. comp? or strike? or launch? looking into it.

you're welcome to try if you are in the area

was the bell tight or loose?

its a large but I use med xc lids....

Anyways my forehead around measures about 22.2" so is around my cheekb bone and chin to top of head is 11.5". I have a rectangler face shape. The pads on helmet is nice and snug and I always wore a baclava even in blistering mid 90 temps. Oh and my right ball hand lowers than my left

I'm not sure what model... 661.. comp? or strike? or launch? looking into it.

you're welcome to try if you are in the area

was the bell tight or loose?

First off, I hope your balls were never in the helmet :D

The bell is really tight. Too narrow is the big issue. (It's supposedly a Med)
It looks like I'm somewhere between a Med/Large.
I wear a Med XC lid as well.

I ride at 6 mile a bit when the weather cooperates. Plan to hit the Sourlands soon as well. If you still have the same # I can text you when I'm in the area and swing by or meet.

Last edited:
can always do the connection thing for you guys....

i ride by Manny's house just to see if the garage door is open.

He just finished painting the LR....nice.

let me know.

If none of this works out, I have a large Giro Remedy that might fit the bill. Even though Giro and Bell are the same company, they use different shape molds for different noggins. The Giro is definitely not narrow.

mike was looking to go to smp...this should speed it up!

Thanks for the help everyone. Manny's helmet fit perfect so it has a new home now. :)
BTW, Hong Kong Garden has some kick a$$ food! ;)
Thanks again Manny!

Last edited:
hmmm, builds backyard pump track, needs full face helmet :hmmm:
bigger rollers coming?

why would you think it would not be in business? :popcorn:

fortunately during the tough time, we have a decent lunch crowd from the businesses in Somerset and loyal customers :) and cause our food is great. I can't eat anywhere else. Only dim sum I'll eat at other chinese restaurants. As so no authentic chinese as it is, I ruined General Tso's for my old co-worker recently cause he can't get it anywhere else now.

Last edited:
why would you think it would not be in business? :popcorn:

fortunately during the tough time, we have a decent lunch crowd from the businesses in Somerset and loyal customers :) and cause our food is great. I can't eat anywhere else. Only dim sum I'll eat at other chinese restaurants. As so no authentic chinese as it is, I ruined General Tso's for my old co-worker recently cause he can't get it anywhere else now.

Hmm, I have to come back for some General's toes! :D

Back
Top Bottom