Frenchtown Preserve Conditions

What/where is the “burned bridge/skinny thing”???
It was put together as a way to get past the soup during the wet months. About 16” wide, maybe 20’ long.

Attachments

• 899E4444-824D-4429-B379-846D4F755B92.jpeg
    899E4444-824D-4429-B379-846D4F755B92.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 57
It was put together as a way to get past the soup during the wet months. About 16” wide, maybe 20’ long.
I think this is what Kyle is referring too. You've probably seen it. It's off to the side of the trail on Red.
Crazy. I spaghetti all over FP but I never ride that tiny section of Red, from Green to Green. Guess where I’m riding tomorrow?

I made a few small edits to the Frenchtown Preserve on Trailforks. Looking for community approval. Just renamed two trails and cropped one to deter users from entering private property. If anyone could take a second to approve, I’d appreciate it.

I made a few small edits to the Frenchtown Preserve on Trailforks. Looking for community approval. Just renamed two trails and cropped one to deter users from entering private property. If anyone could take a second to approve, I’d appreciate it.

you should apply to be the admin.
That lets you make the changes without approval.

I can't tell what you changed just by looking at Trailforks. But what is labeled Yellow Horse Trail, is defintely not a horse trail! Built by mtbers, plus it has that log section that would be dangerous to horses. Not sure why you would change the end of Blue to be called Red? I find Trailforks does not match the trail markers at all now??

I can't tell what you changed just by looking at Trailforks. But what is labeled Yellow Horse Trail, is defintely not a horse trail! Built by mtbers, plus it has that log section that would be dangerous to horses. Not sure why you would change the end of Blue to be called Red? I find Trailforks does not match the trail markers at all now??
I think that's one has a newish sign at the entrance right under the bike saying "Trash Valley". Great name for that trail. Should be that in Trailforks IMO.

EDIT: I see there are two trails named "Yellow Horse". I was thinking of the other one that runs to the west down to the Yellow Trail.

IMG_1204.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone ridden horseshoe bend park, just down the street from frenchtown preserve? Seems like it could make for a good loop to connect those two parks.

Has anyone ridden horseshoe bend park, just down the street from frenchtown preserve? Seems like it could make for a good loop to connect those two parks.
I've done it a couple of times (connected the two parks). Adds a lot of miles. Some of the trails in Horseshoe Bend are easy and some are hard. There are some good climbs.

@phillychris498 You can defintely combine FP and Horseshoe, I've done it a few times as well. I find Horseshoe is not as maintained as well as FP.

@Patrick How do you apply as admin?

The more I look at this Trailforks map, the more confused I am about these changes.
Agreed, you can't have two noncontinuous trails with the same name. The northern Yellow Horse (with the mask tree) should be Googlyman. The western Yellow Horse is not a horse trail either! It is the only 'jump' trail at the park. We don't want horses on that!! The man that lives at the bottom of that trail maintains that trail. He should name it.

Here's a typical ride including connecting all of Blue, all of Red and all of Orange. All the white-dashed trails that I did not ride here are Horse trail. Everything I have ridden should NOT be implied as horse trail. @audionerdio Why do you want to rename the section I have circled to 'Trenton Trail'? Doing so breaks up both the flow of Blue and Red which I think would be very confusing to folks who don't ride here often.

IMG_8519.jpg

Hi audionerdio, I have one last question for you:

You said there was a sign up indicating it’s private property where the Green Trail going south goes off of the Frenchtown Preserve property onto private property. What exactly does that sign say?

Last edited:
@phillychris498 You can defintely combine FP and Horseshoe, I've done it a few times as well. I find Horseshoe is not as maintained as well as FP.

@Patrick How do you apply as admin?

The more I look at this Trailforks map, the more confused I am about these changes.
Agreed, you can't have two noncontinuous trails with the same name. The northern Yellow Horse (with the mask tree) should be Googlyman. The western Yellow Horse is not a horse trail either! It is the only 'jump' trail at the park. We don't want horses on that!! The man that lives at the bottom of that trail maintains that trail. He should name it.

Here's a typical ride including connecting all of Blue, all of Red and all of Orange. All the white-dashed trails that I did not ride here are Horse trail. Everything I have ridden should NOT be implied as horse trail. @audionerdio Why do you want to rename the section I have circled to 'Trenton Trail'? Doing so breaks up both the flow of Blue and Red which I think would be very confusing to folks who don't ride here often.

View attachment 227863
I love this map, but it's really confusing me! I ride from memory, don't pay attention to trail names/colors, and I link the trails in a completely different manner.

IMG_5461.jpeg

Reactions: SAM
Back
Top Bottom