Finally brought it home

Is that 6 Mile mud I spy on those tires?

That's a bitchin' bike right there.

i think I am going to add a F-29 to my DEMO fleet this week. I can't decide on a med or lg. Any votes??

j

makes me want a 29r..............

Wait till you ride one..

Makes 26" feel silly.

26" works better in a few situations but I have found that the issues I 1st had with the acceleration of the bigger wheels has been fixed with the Rotor Q-rings. For real..

My Seven Verve ti SS/Geared frame is sort of for sale now.. Man I hate to sell that bike but I don't see myself riding it.

j

Huh...

Really??

Mine is a LG

j
Shows what I know. I'd have guessed it was a Med., though I've never really thought about it. What size is your Rush?

Cannondale's mtb sizing isn't friendly to my physique, generally.

Of course, whether I actually take your demo out for ride remains to be seen anyway, so don't factor me too heavily into your size choice.

I'm too busy on my ancient steel bikes.

Thanks everyone, cant wait to go for a ride, pissing me off to have this bike sitting next to me as I watch the down pour.

Chris, mine is a large also, and it feels just right. I am running 180mm xt's mostly because thats the length thats on the mary, so in my head Im thinking that if I dont like the 180s on the cannondale, switch them to the mary and drop back to 175, but I don't foresee a hugely noticeable difference.

Its almost 11 am and I have an appointment with J today to spend some more money, so I gotta go do some things around here to keep the wifey smiling, see you all later.

Sorry about the weather. I had to use all my influence to make Saturday really nice for the party to make my wife happy. Thankfully it went really well even though I did not get to experience the weather on the bike. So the backlash is this mess. On the plus side I'm rained in. Our little nook of a dead end street is flooded in. The river behind the house goes about as far as I can see in spots. I think the whole swamp is probably flooded out.

Speaking of which, what ever happened to the elephant you promised?

Another fun filled afternoon at Halters. New bike #2 came home today, my new roadie, a Cannondale Synapse 1 aluminum. As soon as my wife puts the little one to sleep, Ill have her post the pics.

Shows what I know. I'd have guessed it was a Med., though I've never really thought about it. What size is your Rush?

Cannondale's mtb sizing isn't friendly to my physique, generally.

Of course, whether I actually take your demo out for ride remains to be seen anyway, so don't factor me too heavily into your size choice.

I'm too busy on my ancient steel bikes.

My rush and my F-29er are both larges. You actually fit pretty well on all my bikes.

j

see, walt knows how to do it. all you other married men here are all, "boo hoo hoo, my wife wont let me have a new bike. can i hide my new bike at your place so my wife doesn't ssee it? my wife wont let me go on this ride...". walt on the other hand, brings home two $x,000 bikes in a week, makes his wife put the kids to bed, then makes her post the pictures of said bike on the internet for him.

*high five walt!

*high five mrs walt for being awesome.

see, walt knows how to do it. all you other married men here are all, "boo hoo hoo, my wife wont let me have a new bike. can i hide my new bike at your place so my wife doesn't ssee it? my wife wont let me go on this ride...". walt on the other hand, brings home two $x,000 bikes in a week, makes his wife put the kids to bed, then makes her post the pictures of said bike on the internet for him.

*high five walt!

*high five mrs walt for being awesome.

I nominate Walt as Man of the Year.
Nice new rides. I'm a bit jealous. Maybe you can have your wife talk to mine.:)

Here's a pic of the new roadie, and a couple more of the 29er. Big thanks to "Mrs. Walt" for gettin on the stick and putting the pics up for me

Back
Top Bottom