Fatbikes of NJ Gallery

IMG_5410.jpeg

Rode the local rep’s demo Otso demo yesterday at 6mr.

Conditions were simply magical. (Get out there before the next thaw )

I have owned a handful of fat bikes over the years, but I always sell them off as I have way too many bikes.

This bike does all the things. It’s worth reading up on it. The adjustable headset/HTA is very cool.

I think id ride a 5” tire up front and maybe a thud buster post?

Today (Jan 21) should be one for the record books. Ideal conditions on anything bigger than a 2.5” tire id guess. I can’t recall packed snow conditions this good ever.

Let me know if you want a demo ride on this med. (I usually ride a large and this was comfortable).
IMG_5683.jpeg
IMG_5681.jpeg
IMG_5682.jpeg
224FDDB9-ECAF-4DB3-AC3A-5A5140C7F823.jpeg
IMG_5740.jpeg
4D6A7CFB-6CEC-4DF3-8249-BE4DCB687E48.jpeg
427C2EF4-253F-459E-B557-931C0A4ED65A.jpeg

Rode the local rep’s demo Otso demo yesterday at 6mr.

Conditions were simply magical. (Get out there before the next thaw )

I have owned a handful of fat bikes over the years, but I always sell them off as I have way too many bikes.

This bike does all the things. It’s worth reading up on it. The adjustable headset/HTA is very cool.

I think id ride a 5” tire up front and maybe a thud buster post?

Today (Jan 21) should be one for the record books. Ideal conditions on anything bigger than a 2.5” tire id guess. I can’t recall packed snow conditions this good ever.

Let me know if you want a demo ride on this med. (I usually ride a large and this was comfortable). View attachment 231367View attachment 231368View attachment 231369View attachment 231370View attachment 231371View attachment 231372View attachment 231373
Looks very similar to a Salsa Beargrease but more expensive. Besides the shear appearance you think it’s a more capable bike?

The main difference is the low q-factor crank.

@knobbyhead might be interested.....

------

how did they manage that?

i kinda get this - with the chain a bit more inboard.

I see the max rear tire is 4.6" so that helps - do they dish the rear rim to clear the tire/chain interference?
Or space out the cassette?

------

I see the max rear tire is 4.6" so that helps - do they dish the rear rim to clear the tire/chain interference?
Thanks!! I've heard of these. I'm sorry i couldnt make the demo. My knees would be happy.

------

Every once in a blue moon an Engineer does their job correctly.

------

the specs sheet says the rear wheel has to be dished with 5mm offset. Does that mean the rear tire is offset compared to the front one? Or is just the cassette being pushed to the right that makes the difference? From the look of it it would appear the chainstays are really thin and tall reaching the BB, so that would help…sliding drop out? That for me was the real no go for the beargrease.

the specs sheet says the rear wheel has to be dished with 5mm offset. Does that mean the rear tire is offset compared to the front one? Or is just the cassette being pushed to the right that makes the difference? From the look of it it would appear the chainstays are really thin and tall reaching the BB, so that would help…sliding drop out? That for me was the real no go for the beargrease.

It’s not a slider on the Voytek, just an adjustable chip. The Arctodus uses an actual slider.

if i were doing it, i'd align the wheels, and offset the chainstay (which moves the cassette moves out)..
but i'm a scientist.

a narrow chainstay helps, my cranks hit them when i'm on the gas (or my excessive gravity causes it)
i think Jim dished my nextie a bit for chain/tire clearance ?? the tri-spokes didn't work on the bike.

I dish the wheel to the NDS on almost every Fat Bike, especially with 100mm rims. There are very few that don’t need it. The other option is to do what I’ve done on every other Fat Bike I’ve owned and remove 2 cogs from the cassette, which you can’t do with Eagle. Best thing to do is ditch the gears and you’ll have tons of room 😂

Back
Top Bottom