Fatbikes of NJ Gallery

Picked this up back in June, did a few upgrades and finally got to take it out for a ride.
IMG_5958.jpeg

As if I didn’t already love this bike enough, upgraded the Clown Shoes and Knards on the Blackborow with some carbon Whisky rims and JJ’s. It rides so much better! The CS wheels will get the Bud and Lou I have around if we get snow.

View attachment 226247
I hear you, I swapped over the bud/lou wheelset last year but snow never came. This year, the 27.5 minions stay on till we get more than 4 inches of snow which stays around for more than a few days

As if I didn’t already love this bike enough, upgraded the Clown Shoes and Knards on the Blackborow with some carbon Whisky rims and JJ’s. It rides so much better! The CS wheels will get the Bud and Lou I have around if we get snow.

View attachment 226247

This is one of the bikes I’ve always wanted. Now that “Fat Bikes are dead” maybe I can snag a used one.

So far I love it….. for what I want to use that bike for. Can you ride the rocky trails? Sure. But it wouldn’t be my first choice.

To use an analogy, the Lauf is to a Mastodon what a thudbuster is to a X2.
Thanks...that analogy really helpful in understanding the Lauf's performance.

1000005426.jpg

A new crankset has the fatty back up and running after a few years of neglect. I SS'd it with a Paul Melvin tensioner for SSUSA years ago and haven't looked back. When I find myself on this the simplicity of SS just makes sense.

Pic from Thanksgiving trip to the old stomping grounds. This is the retaining wall that protects Nicole Kidman's compound from falling into Peconic Bay.

New snow camo Mastodon. My beast. Titanium goodness for 8 years. Most reliable bike I’ve ever had. Still have the original sram guide brakes, shifters, derailleurs and cables. I heard that Santa is going to gift me new 2016 SRAM X7 10speed shifters for $39 and a $49 GX 10 rear derailleur for Christmas!!!! I love this bike!!!!!

Am I vintage yet?? Lol lol
Save the front derailleur!!!! #nodropper
Damn!! Just look it at!!! So fine!!

Attachments

• 29074FBA-334F-457B-9600-124A2CD21971.jpeg
    29074FBA-334F-457B-9600-124A2CD21971.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom