Fatbikes of NJ Gallery

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
K. Just curious. I thought any kind of "unsanctioned" trail maintenance was a no no. Whether to protect someone or not. Any input? I see lots of unsafe roots, tree branches etc, but just leave them alone.

Clearing deadfall and cutting out branches that are blocking the trail is generally fine. I carry a smaller and less cool fold out saw in my camelbak and use it on the regular.

rick81721

Lothar
Yeah I clear branches, small fallen trees and pickers routinely. Roots never. Pete guided me to picking up this folding saw - cuts like butter

61x5FPriD2L._SY355_.jpg

Kaleidopete

K. Just curious. I thought any kind of "unsanctioned" trail maintenance was a no no. Whether to protect someone or not. Any input? I see lots of unsafe roots, tree branches etc, but just leave them alone.
Yeah, it is a no no, because there are lots of idiots that would go crazy with "improving" trails. No one seems to mind my minimal trail work to just keep things clear and passable. They also would have a liability problem too if they sanctioned people doing trail work. For me it's been getting to know the park crew and they appreciate my helping out. As I hike and walk the trails I pick up trash and carry it out because I know the crew will never go where I go on the trails, they have enough to do in the beach area and hi traffic areas. I advise them when there are BIG trees down and they usually get to them when they can. But that's just my situation.
If they see me with a loaded garbage bag while I'm walking they even stop to take it off my hands, and give me a new one.

sasquatch2

there's unsanctioned chainsawing going on in my parks, I just hope they bring a friend along so they don't bleed out! Also, isn't biking with a machete worse than running with scissors?

Eddy-V

Hey Jim: Met Joe, Barry and John from PB, EB.........cool crew! And also met up with a local rider at Frost.........freakin' BMX track right in dem woods!

Top Bottom