Fanny pack hydration

The Kalmyk

So basically a camelbak, without the top half, which means you can't carry a bladder. Shoulda just got this.
Sell the damn thing and pretend it never happened. No one will make fun of you...

😁

Thats what i was referencing. My wingnut is similar but doesn't look so much like balls and a dick... though they did have one that did! 😂😂

Mare

I ordered a pair of suspenders from Amazon today. I might add that once I drank some of the water the problem went away….maybe I will fill it 3/4 and bring a bottle on the bike.
Maybe you can not put water in it. Just put in light items like foam packing peanuts. Use water bottles. Like @a.s. said... Ok, I agree, but I don't totally agree cause I love fanny packs for hiking, not for biking.

THATmanMANNY

@ChrisG what pack were you rocking at the Hartshorne meetup?

I can’t remember the last time I used my traditional camelbak. I have an old school 20yrs? American Eagle! Fanny pack I bought for close out when going to the mall with your teen buds. It’s basic and works for one bottle and essentials.

serviceguy

I like the hip pack because hanging out in the back balances my belly hanging out in the front, both in weight and aesthetically. Downside of it is I can’t drink from the bladder or the change in balance will throw me off the bike.Change my mind.

Frank

Sasquatch
I like the hip pack because hanging out in the back balances my belly hanging out in the front, both in weight and aesthetically. Downside of it is I can’t drink from the bladder or the change in balance will throw me off the bike.Change my mind.
Unless we fill it with Cannoli!!!

xc62701

I've gotta say I was skeptical, but not it's a no brainer. I use the EVOC hip pack for every ride - thanks to @Kirt. No need to think about what to bring for each ride. It's in the pack. I can carry extra when I need and it reduces the skunk stripe going up my back when I ride in the crud. I just ordered a hydration hip pack too. I'm sold.

Last edited:

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I got an EVOC jawn....No bladder thou. I put an extra bottle in the side pocket give 'er a yank and I'm good. I do have to adjust it maybe 1 or 2 more times pending the ride time and the trails. It was a good purchase for sure.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
@ChrisG what pack were you rocking at the Hartshorne meetup?
@Frank notice how CG isn’t acknowledging my question because he will get ragged on too! Ha
Actually just seeing this. For some reason, the tag didn't give me a notification.

I've been using the Bontrager Rapid Pack since the summer of 2019, and I was sold on it immediately. It's got a perfect balance of storage, fit, and low profile. I can carry a second bottle, or not.

14798_A_1_Rapid_Pack

As @Santapez notes, the pockets are stretchy and adapt to hold a lot or a little. There are internal pockets that are well-sized for holding a phone, car key, multi-tool, etc.

For me, this sort of pack does provide solutions. It lets my back breath when it's hot, it keeps the weight on my waist rather than up high on my back, and I don't feel it at all during any sort of dynamic situation on the trail.

If I'm doing a ride that requires 3 bottles, I switch to the Lab Austere pack that @mattybfat was backing here a while ago. It's similarly intelligent in its design, but has pockets for 2 bottles.

MG_5844_87773ae9-5030-4028-b20f-bd9c1908d2c8_300x300.jpg

If I was still in XC-racer mode, I imagine I'd be continuing to rely primarily on jersey pockets and a frame with 2 bottle cages, but that's not where I'm at these days.

Top Bottom