Fanny pack hydration

Frank

Sasquatch
I purchased a Camelbak Repack hydration pack and really like the fact that it stays off my back as I don’t sweat as much. My BIG issue is that it drops down to my ass and hooks on my bike saddle which throws me off my game. I guess my other alternative is to tighten the f**ker to the point of cutting off circulation. I’m thinking I will get a pair of suspenders and remedy the situation that way, but am interested to hear if others have the same issue or if I should just set it on fire 🔥!!!

Thank you in advance for sarcastic and helpful remarks

V-Dub

the advice I was given is that you need some booty for the hip packs ( I won't say fanny pack) to stay in place

The Kalmyk

I purchased a Camelbak Repack hydration pack and really like the fact that it stays off my back as I don’t sweat as much. My BIG issue is that it drops down to my ass and hooks on my bike saddle which throws me off my game. I guess my other alternative is to tighten the f**ker to the point of cutting off circulation. I’m thinking I will get a pair of suspenders and remedy the situation that way, but am interested to hear if others have the same issue or if I should just set it on fire 🔥!!!

Thank you in advance for sarcastic and helpful remarks

I have one of those older Wingnut packs that are essentially a hip back with shoulder straps. I believe Camelbak has a similar design now.

I went back to a traditional pack and probably going to move on a Camelbak Chase 8. I like the storage in the straps.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a Dakine hip pack and just have to keep tightening the strap as I drink. Otherwise it’s pretty good. I’ve raced a bunch of enduros with it.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Take a load off Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off Fanny
And (and) (and) you put the load right on me*

wrong fanny? 🤪

I have the dakine one (without the bladder... Bought it used.. blah blah blah) and yeah, it slips a little but I just tighten it as needed. I've never had it slip so much that it hooked onto the seat. Can you knot the straps so they stay in place?

* How many people sang that?

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I use one quite often…..but my hips/butt are considerably bigger than my waist. Slippage isn’t a problem but I have often had the straps hang down and get caught under my seat. I have to tie in a double knot to prevent them from loosening.

Karate Monkey

The mountain bike hip, fanny, ass pack …whatever the hell you want to call it… is a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

They suck. 🔥

I gots two [non-operable] separated shoulders, beg to differ. But yes, most of them suck.

The Alchemy Labs one is good for bottles. I use an Osprey if I need more storage/water capacity, though. Between the bottle bag, a pair of cargo bibs (extra bottle), and a Revelate feedbag, there's pretty much nowhere in NJ I can't get to a refill spot in.

IIRC, Hydrapak sold theirs with a pair of removable suspenders, and based on my experiences with the Osprey, a heavily loaded bag pretty much needs them.

Frank

Sasquatch
Take a load off Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off Fanny
And (and) (and) you put the load right on me*

wrong fanny? 🤪

I have the dakine one (without the bladder... Bought it used.. blah blah blah) and yeah, it slips a little but I just tighten it as needed. I've never had it slip so much that it hooked onto the seat. Can you knot the straps so they stay in place?

* How many people sang that?
I did!

Frank

Sasquatch
I ordered a pair of suspenders from Amazon today. I might add that once I drank some of the water the problem went away….maybe I will fill it 3/4 and bring a bottle on the bike.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I ordered a pair of suspenders from Amazon today. I might add that once I drank some of the water the problem went away….maybe I will fill it 3/4 and bring a bottle on the bike.
Suspenders? To hold up the hip pack?

Top Bottom