Escape Plan - September challenge scoreboard.

ok - your dog is your family, but it isn't someone. so 1.5

and i better see cute dog pics, no growling.

cats and fish don't count. my cat bit me today. i bled for 15 minutes. doesn't count.
rodents and birds don't count - whatever you are doing with your pet sheep/goats don't count.

Quick run around the block with the dog just to get on the board ?
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/RX9BGPtrFZ

Screenshot_20190902-195820.png

cats and fish don't count. my cat bit me today. i bled for 15 minutes. doesn't count.
rodents and birds don't count - whatever you are doing with your pet sheep/goats don't count.
What if you're like this happening cat...and his owner. (Stolen from a friends Facebook post of some neighbor bro)
FB_IMG_1567468784892.jpg

Only a select few of us to drop bar Hart’s/Huber. You should buy my cx bike so I can take it off my zwift machine. Also, I’ve got a wheel on trainer if you want it

Edit- once my 40’s go on, ill hit the whole park
Hmmmm. This N+1 life is serious business. I'll DM you.

Ok that doesn’t sound too baaaaahhhhd ?

Not logging the second dog walk because you said only one activity per day.

But here’s a cute pic of my dog and my neighbors dog on unplanned group walk. They could be cousins.

DC21158F-DF42-46FA-81D4-740A611AA2E7.jpeg
E25E9C33-992F-4123-B759-8424D39DAA5E.jpeg

I'll play this one. Those who know me know I don't ride very much, even when I was "training". But I do stuff most days.

Day 1: Awkward secret racing followed by friendly conversation.
I went out for my usual 5k run around my in-law's place. Normally I try to just get it done AFAFP (as fast as f'n possible). About 1/2 mile in a dude runs out of a driveway and turns onto the road just in front of me...like 10 meters. Looks fit. keeping good pace. actually, the exact same pace. Now we're secret racing. This is awkward. The awkwardness continues for another 1/2 mile so I turn up the heat. So does he. still awkward. Dude has AirPods in so I can't even make conversation. Eventually I pass him and he stays about 10 feet behind me. Even more awkward. Eventually dude breaks the ice and we start chatting. Turns out he is a professional Ironman triathlete--like it's his actual job--and he's just out for a little jaunt recovering some injury. Nice guy. Graduated from Rutgers. Lives in NYC somwhere. I'm sure he was hardly trying but it certainly made the run go by even quicker for me, quite literally. We were cookin'.
2 pts. if it counts that I didn’t know the other person when I started the activity.

Day 2: Slow; hot mile; plyo; slow
My legs were sore from running yesteday and moving heavy objects so I decided to go for a quick run and try to run a mile AFAFP (see above). Seems like a legit idea, right? Anyway, some day I'd like to try to run a mile "in the 4's". For me that'd be 4:59.599999. Not sure if I have it in me. I'd have to train some speed in but today was a test to see how far off I am on a day where I'm tired, sore and it's 100% humidity. Strava says 5:12 but I think it was more like 5:20. Then plyo because cross is coming here or something like that.
1 pt.

Yes. I realize this is a bike forum.

Last edited:
I can’t believe I’m winning.
I’ve never won anything!

I’ll buy more records if it helps the cause.
Ha. Might have to bring some up to JORBA Fest. I'll go through some stuff this week. Too bad searching through my records doesn't count toward the challenge (haha, brought it back to thread relevance there. Score!)

I'll play this one. Those who know me know I don't ride very much, even when I was "training". But I do stuff most days.

Day 1: Awkward secret racing followed by friendly conversation.
I went out for my usual 5k run around my in-law's place. Normally I try to just get it done AFAFP (as fast as f'n possible). About 1/2 mile in a dude runs out of a driveway and turns onto the road just in front of me...like 10 meters. Looks fit. keeping good pace. actually, the exact same pace. Now we're secret racing. This is awkward. The awkwardness continues for another 1/2 mile so I turn up the heat. So does he. still awkward. Dude has AirPods in so I can't even make conversation. Eventually I pass him and he stays about 10 feet behind me. Even more awkward. Eventually dude breaks the ice and we start chatting. Turns out he is a professional Ironman triathlete--like it's his actual job--and he's just out for a little jaunt recovering some injury. Nice guy. Graduated from Rutgers. Lives in NYC somwhere. I'm sure he was hardly trying but it certainly made the run go by even quicker for me, quite literally. We were cookin'.
2 pts. if it counts that I didn’t know the other person when I started the activity.

Day 2: Slow; hot mile; plyo; slow
My legs were sore from running yesteday and moving heavy objects so I decided to go for a quick run and try to run a mile AFAFP (see above). Seems like a legit idea, right? Anyway, some day I'd like to try to run a mile "in the 4's". For me that'd be 4:59.599999. Not sure if I have it in me. I'd have to train some speed in but today was a test to see how far off I am on a day where I'm tired, sore and it's 100% humidity. Strava says 5:12 but I think it was more like 5:20. Then plyo because cross is coming here or something like that.
1 pt.

Yes. I realize this is a bike forum.

nice!

But hold the fort! Challenge started Monday.....so you are in for the mile.

Back
Top Bottom