Ergon Grips

i'd like to try a set, but it seems like they would be awkward on the descents

There is nothing awkward at all about them when descending. You still get a good grip in the bars, you are just putting more surface area under your palms and altering the position of your wrists. I found it made descending a bit easier and more comfortable.

hey walt, did you put them on the mary? are you using the mary bars still?

i may pick a pair of these up to do the dark horse. taking a little pressure off the wrists for 40 miles is prolly a good thing.

There is nothing awkward at all about them when descending. You still get a good grip in the bars, you are just putting more surface area under your palms and altering the position of your wrists. I found it made descending a bit easier and more comfortable.

Thanks, Jig.

hey walt, did you put them on the mary? are you using the mary bars still?

i may pick a pair of these up to do the dark horse. taking a little pressure off the wrists for 40 miles is prolly a good thing.

Jake, I am still riding the mary bars but I do not have the ergons on them, I only have them on the F29.

That being said, yesterday was the first time in about a month that I have put any substantial time in on the mary, I hooked up the trailer and pulled the little one around the waterfront park by my house, and I missed the feel of the ergons, it may be the fact that the stock wtb grips on the mary are falling apart, but it felt weird, I kept shifting my hands alot.

I think the ergons, in combo with the more natural curve of the mary bars, may be a sweet set up.

Damn now UniversalCycles is out of stock. Why does JDog's shop have to be so far away!

Steve, worry about getting up the hill first would ya.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ouch.

huh, thanks walt...i may try them on the mary first and see what happens. i just picked up a set of new lock-ons, but whateva. i wonder if jdog does mail order? :D

i'd be nice to have them for this saturdays' (currently planned) tripple race loop from the sketcy heythorp lot that i'm planning on the mary. should be an all-out pain fest.

If it helps, the ergon package, like most grips, is open, so you can try the different styles before you buy.

in case anyone is interested, marty's in randolph has a two sets of these in stock. one small, one large both with the bar ends. retail is like $47.

Back
Top Bottom