• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
It definitely has me interested. When they make one with a bit more travel (160+) at a similar weight, they will finally be where I want one to be.

Are e-bikes just a fad? I remember when Razor scooters hit the market. We sold them like candy. Every type of store jumped on it. From Seven Eleven to Old Navy. They were available everywhere.

Now you can buy an E-bike at your LBS, motorcycle shops, Bestbuy, PC richards, and now car dealerships. Lets see how long this lasts.
Until the 8-16yr old NICA aged kids who ride regular MTB's get old enough to be financially independent, and continue buying regular MTB's.

NICA is like .0000000000000001% of the kid bike market. The other 99.9999999999999999999% are already riding E-Bikes.
You work in summit so you're probably biased to a market of people with $$.

I haven't seen a single kid where I live on an ebike and there's a ton of kids on bikes.

Oddly we were with friends yesterday that were saying how e-bikes have taken over Bentonville and kids on electric strider bikes were flying around.

I'm also noticing a huge trend of older husband/wife road riders where the wife has an electric road bike. Post ride bikes leaning up against a wall are pairs of regular & ebike.

You work in summit so you're probably biased to a market of people with $$.

I haven't seen a single kid where I live on an ebike and there's a ton of kids on bikes.

Oddly we were with friends yesterday that were saying how e-bikes have taken over Bentonville and kids on electric strider bikes were flying around.

I'm also noticing a huge trend of older husband/wife road riders where the wife has an electric road bike. Post ride bikes leaning up against a wall are pairs of regular & ebike.

The people of Summit buy their kids e-bikes because they're cheaper than a base model Rockhopper.

So like...the year 2050?
Yea, something like that. Kind of like what happened to Harley when their customer base aged out (i.e. died).

NICA is like .0000000000000001% of the kid bike market. The other 99.9999999999999999999% are already riding E-Bikes.

I'm talking about kids that actually mountain bike, which are very few. Those fat kids riding on the street with their helmets on the handlebars don't count. Those contraptions they ride are the 2024 version of mopeds. Actually makes sense now why the industry is pushing ebikes so hard, based on the number of kids actually mountain biking, the future (around here anyway) is bleak. In other places (like up in VT) the future is a little brighter. More kids mountain biking, a lot less ebikes. Even the elderly get kitted up and go on group rides with their regular bikes.

Yea, something like that. Kind of like what happened to Harley when their customer base aged out (i.e. died).

I'm talking about kids that actually mountain bike, which are very few. Those fat kids riding on the street with their helmets on the handlebars don't count. Those contraptions they ride are the 2024 version of mopeds. Actually makes sense now why the industry is pushing ebikes so hard, based on the number of kids actually mountain biking, the future (around here anyway) is bleak. In other places (like up in VT) the future is a little brighter. More kids mountain biking, a lot less ebikes. Even the elderly get kitted up and go on group rides with their regular bikes.

Yeah, unfortunately enthusiasts don't pay anyone's bills, the fat kids do.

Outside of the 90's mountain bike boom and the Covid blip, do we actually have less people in NJ riding mountain bikes than a few years ago?

It's not as popular as other sports as mall shopping but I'm not sure it's dying out.

Outside of the 90's mountain bike boom and the Covid blip, do we actually have less people in NJ riding mountain bikes than a few years ago?

It's not as popular as other sports as mall shopping but I'm not sure it's dying out.
I've noticed many more kids mtb'g at Allaire recently. However, in my 2 square mile town, I only see the same few kids out on bikes. You'd think they'd be all over the place.

If anyone wants to know, you can peddle strike a Kenevo with 155mm cranks…

Attachments

• IMG_2756.jpeg
    IMG_2756.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom