• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
This is a good one, lol!

So after watching this....I of course wasn't surprised with the results having taken an ebike to a local park and compared it to my own times from my scalpel.....What I am more curious to see is if the ebikes have come along enough since that last moterra I rode to compete on downhills yet. That ~2017 moterra was really fun, but at the end of the day, i couldnt touch any of my segment times I had set with my scalpel on anything flat or downhill.....I'd love to try this again with a newer bike.

Im glad to hear you got one Matty, anything that keeps you riding, I support.

100% this. I’ve come around on the ebike myself. Never was anti - but just more worried about the slippery slope of what is “motorized”, but honestly at this point I’ve really changed on that too.
I rode one and beat the snot out of it....I felt like I got just as much of a work out trying to make this one go faster....but it was just mess trying to rip downhills on it. too heavy, not enough suspension or brakes for the weight. Id love to see someone like richie rude take a modern one and see how it compares to his regular enduro times....

Not sure if I ever posted about it, but when I went to Tahoe in July I ran into 2 couples on ebikes, the husbands were in there mid and late 70s....They were all riding these...ill say intermediate tech, but tough climbing (7-8000'elev) trails and having a blast. I was like dam, I can only hope to be able to do this one day....go ebikes.

i'm looking to get an ebike (maybe the surly big easy or something similar) to replace my subaru outback for local errands etc... is this the right forum?
This is what I’ve used for the last two years as a commuter. Dorky as hell. Mega fun. Come ride it

Attachments

• 173E0F3A-8867-43FE-90AE-8F5C307457A0.jpeg
    173E0F3A-8867-43FE-90AE-8F5C307457A0.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 101
I think that takes some of fun out of mountain biking. I can see how if you're road riding you want long, smooth, consistent, and uninterrupted pedaling but with mountain biking different riders may want to be in different gears while climbing the same hill. I would rather decide what gear to be in and this is why I drive a stick shift.

This is crazy cool, for a clean $8.5k. However I'll be better served spending less on a 5.05" capable Fat bike with external cables and ASX.
02_Voima_strom_grey_complete_studio_jimmy-1920x1280.jpg

If your e mtb curious or just like good bike content, YouTube channel EMBN is a really well produced content. Give it a subscribe and check it out.

i'm looking to get an ebike (maybe the surly big easy or something similar) to replace my subaru outback for local errands etc... is this the right forum?
I have a Tern GSD that I use for that purpose and to take my son to school, it is a great ecargo bike rated for 400lbs capacity. I have around 4700 miles on it so far. It is a well thought out bike with good components. It can partially fold and stand on its end so it doesn’t take over the garage.

This is crazy cool, for a clean $8.5k. However I'll be better served spending less on a 5.05" capable Fat bike with external cables and ASX.
02_Voima_strom_grey_complete_studio_jimmy-1920x1280.jpg
😮🤤🤤🤤 NOW we’re talking. I mean if you’re using a motor to help you climb, why not have a shit ton of travel to destroy the downhills? The guy in this video is ripping around like he’s on a 25 lbs trail bike.

What would really be cool is an eBike where you have the ability to remove the motor and battery then ride it like a regular bike.

What would really be cool is an eBike where you have the ability to remove the motor and battery then ride it like a regular bike.
I would imagine that would just be a matter of welding up a standard bottom bracket shell into a bracket that fits into one of the current motor housing mounts. I'd say it's only a matter of time before someone offers one.

Thinking about it, I'd like something like that for a Santa Cruz Bullit. I'd consider a bike like that to replace my Megatower, but one of my main uses for that bike is at bike parks where I wouldn't really need the "e-bike" part. Or it actually might be a liability for loading and unloading off tray or hook type lifts. Being able to considerably reduce the weight by temporarily removing the motor and battery could be a good thing.

Once you are committed to an ebike, it's pretty much over. Only thing you'll want to remove/add is another battery 😁

With advancement of the company's making light weight trail ebikes your already seeing the weight becoming closer to regular bikes. This will make it much easier to get back to the car if you run out of power and don't have an extender or spare battery.

Deeper down the hole I go it's only US and Canada that seem to have this "Hate" for ebikes but even that is shrinking.

Why in world would one want to take ebike on an uplift??? That defeats the purpose.

I'm already wondering if I made the right purchase as I'm now wishing I bought a full power. Guess I will consider like from very start as it being an experimental project. The new Hiabike motor is putting out 120NM of power 🤪

Once you are committed to an ebike, it's pretty much over. Only thing you'll want to remove/add is another battery 😁

With advancement of the company's making light weight trail ebikes your already seeing the weight becoming closer to regular bikes. This will make it much easier to get back to the car if you run out of power and don't have an extender or spare battery.

Deeper down the hole I go it's only US and Canada that seem to have this "Hate" for ebikes but even that is shrinking.

Why in world would one want to take ebike on an uplift??? That defeats the purpose.

I'm already wondering if I made the right purchase as I'm now wishing I bought a full power. Guess I will consider like from very start as it being an experimental project. The new Hiabike motor is putting out 120NM of power 🤪
FULL EBIKE.jpg

I have yet to wish I have more power on mine but I did get a range extender. I haven't given up on acoustic bikes yet since I still have one so I can keep lying to myself I'll still ride it.

That's it boys and girls the wait is finally coming to an end.
Screenshot_20220228-165819_Gallery.jpg

Figures it will be coming while I'm in Sedona but that gives me a head start to gaining some fitness out there on the Amish rental bikes 😁

Back
Top Bottom