• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I'm the policeman here. Just in case you didn't know where that came from.

Have you considered a lady mod maybe she can help align the team to gauge what we should truly be sensitive about vs not. There are plenty of things to get offended about that others wouldn't understand, and there are things that are no longer offensive.

JonF

Here's an interesting roundup comparison of the latest crop of eBikes. Have to watch this later tonight but I didn't realize there were so many legit, mainstream models (presuming there are no chintzy, light-duty Amazon special models in the mix).

Part 1:

Part 2:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Have you considered a lady mod maybe she can help align the team to gauge what we should truly be sensitive about vs not. There are plenty of things to get offended about that others wouldn't understand, and there are things that are no longer offensive.

typically we'll get a PM that someone is going to stick a fork in someone's eye if something isn't done about "that"

There is an old community guidelines thread somewhere. Maybe review.
Just try to think about your Mom and Kids reading your posts. That should help.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker

Or, people can just harden the F'up and grow some thicker skin. As adults, we're still getting hurt by words? Words that aren't even directed at any particular target or used with the intention to offend?

serviceguy

I'm very sensitive to misogynistic or misandric terms in the pejorative sense.
Not because i'm offended, rather because it is no longer socially acceptable,
and others are truly offended. It's a bad look.

Dismiss the trends of society, and society will dismiss you.

Society is trending toward a cliff, if it were possible I'd much rather be dismissed by it. Unfortunately that's not a realistic option, so I try to surf the wave until it becomes unsustainable, then it's decision time. Again.

P.S. Only referring to the society trending part of your post, I never liked or used misogynistic or misandric (whatever that is) terms either, because I find it inappropriate and rude.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Or, people can just harden the F'up and grow some thicker skin. As adults, we're still getting hurt by words? Words that aren't even directed at any particular target or used with the intention to offend?
Pretty much feel the same, times have changed though and the fast pace growth of NICA has to be taken into consideration, kids like info. Yes well aware the kids are as filthy as us adults, just sit around a call of duty game online going down. Testosterone posting in past has lost some of our regular women which is a shame, sorry Arwensmom.

Reddit and Twitter offers plenty of room to offend people. I am personally trying to check myself at the door. I have typed plenty of responses and turned around deleted before posting.

F*ck like so many words from my generation were common dialogue, some now are down right considered derogatory yet we used them affectionately. That's why it's hard to keep fingers and tongue tied.

TimBay

I've only been on the site for a little over a year and this is only like the 2nd time I'm seeing the issue of censoring come up, so I don't think it's a major issue on either side of the fence. Max's grammar and incoherent word usage is more of an issue honestly.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I've only been on the site for a little over a year and this is only like the 2nd time I'm seeing the issue of censoring come up, so I don't think it's a major issue on either side of the fence. Max's grammar and incoherent word usage is more of an issue honestly.

This guy

rick81721

Lothar

giphy.gif

The Kalmyk

Pretty much feel the same, times have changed though and the fast pace growth of NICA has to be taken into consideration, kids like info. Yes well aware the kids are as filthy as us adults, just sit around a call of duty game online going down. Testosterone posting in past has lost some of our regular women which is a shame, sorry Arwensmom.

Reddit and Twitter offers plenty of room to offend people. I am personally trying to check myself at the door. I have typed plenty of responses and turned around deleted before posting.

F*ck like so many words from my generation were common dialogue, some now are down right considered derogatory yet we used them affectionately. That's why it's hard to keep fingers and tongue tied.

Consider us lucky having grown up in such a time.

Patrick

Staff member
Society is trending toward a cliff, if it were possible I'd much rather be dismissed by it. Unfortunately that's not a realistic option, so I try to surf the wave until it becomes unsustainable, then it's decision time. Again.

P.S. Only referring to the society trending part of your post, I never liked or used misogynistic or misandric (whatever that is) terms either, because I find it inappropriate and rude.

By trends of society, i mean fighting racism and the degradation of women.
The first thing we have to do is stop using the words associated with this hate.
The current lack of decorum in politics (and emboldening society) is annoying - but that comes and goes.

Which wave are you surfing? Perhaps the one that attempts to not discriminate because of a foreign accent,
or a last name that ends in a vowel? I've already had to deal with that, and it still stings, and it wasn't 'just words'.

Once we stop using the words, we might be able to stop thinking it - but i doubt it.
I fight the racist words/actions of my childhood, just like my parents did as they grew older and more informed.
If we stop using the words, then maybe the next generation stops thinking in those terms,
which could reduce the behaviors that arise from the thoughts.

I'm sure you can look up misandry.

See above -

You can't blame the person that is truly offended because you used a slang term for a woman's body part to imply weakness in men?
Even without intent, it signals that women are weak, or lack fortitude.
It isn't the one word, which might be considered vulgar. It was the context.

Patrick

Staff member
Hope you don't really live that way. :confused:

a person is not society.

I have little tolerance for racism/discrimination and criminals (white collar, grifters, grey market)
Also not fond of anyone that is anti-cop.

those will get ya on my shit-list.

And i mean they live this stuff, not just cause they wrote something that might land in that space.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
a person is not society.

I have little tolerance for racism/discrimination and criminals (white collar, grifters, grey market)
Also not fond of anyone that is anti-cop.

those will get ya on my shit-list.

And i mean they live this stuff, not just cause they wrote something that might land in that space.
So you weren't a fan of this album?
artworks-000465044421-04ayzh-t500x500.jpg

Kaleidopete

Back on track here.

The CHRISTINI AWD is equipped with standard mountain biking components. Pedaling, shifting and braking are just like on a traditional bike.

A handlebar-mounted switch controls the AWD “shift on the fly” clutch. When the clutch is engaged, the rear spiral gear interlocks with the rear hub and power is transferred via internal shafts to the forward spiral gear set, which drives the CHRISTINI freehub.

Due to a slight gearing differential, the front wheel is not actively powered on smooth level ground. However, the moment the rear wheel slips, power is instantaneously transferred to the front wheel. Similarly, the moment that the front wheel decelerates, as in hitting a rock or starting to wash out in a corner, power and traction are transferred to the front wheel.
87208229_2737959419632534_8902952311043653632_o.jpg

Top Bottom