Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

stilluf

Great conditions once again at the Mine! A few slick corners, here and there, but overall tacky trending towards dry. Every week progress is made on the new trail; excited to see it fully completed and dialed in.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Heads up to anyone that parks near the lake that the town is temporarily closing that parking lot. The gate will be closed and you will have to park on the street. I would imagine other lake users will be parking there so it would probably be best to park at the gravel lot down the road, over on the Randolph side near Marty's or somewhere on top of the hill (Canfield Ave. area). I'm not sure what exactly happened or is going on at the beach but the mayor states that this is a temporary precaution while they make some sort of changes.

Last edited:

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Perfect conditions today and didn't even feel too hot with the breeze and low humidity. Had the place to myself. Awesome work on the new trail. Gonna be a sweet loop when it's finished. Berms, jumps, drops, very fun and well built. I'd love to help get it done if you want company. Let me know.
20200624_122306.jpg

I just hope this guy doesn't get pissed off and do something stupid.
20200624_122808.jpg

Also, beach lot is still closed. Is parking at the school on Canfield kosher?

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA.ORG
Perfect conditions today and didn't even feel too hot with the breeze and low humidity. Had the place to myself. Awesome work on the new trail. Gonna be a sweet loop when it's finished. Berms, jumps, drops, very fun and well built. I'd love to help get it done if you want company. Let me know.
View attachment 132509

I just hope this guy doesn't get pissed off and do something stupid.
View attachment 132510

didnt you could hunt there

ebarker9

Is the new trail the one off of yellow near the entrance in the Aspen ice etc parking lot? Or is there something else?

Jason

JORBA.ORG

I have seen a lot of folks parking at the school. I park there often when I'm working on that side of the park but have been told in the past to not park at the school. You can park on Baker Street and I can't see that causing any issues.

didnt you could hunt there

Hunting isn't permitted but much like other locals, there is an entitlement issue. :)

Is the new trail the one off of yellow near the entrance in the Aspen ice etc parking lot? Or is there something else?

Yellow was extended but does not have yellow blazes yet. So if you are seeing a trail off of yellow that runs along Canfield Avenue, that's the newer section of yellow.

The new Marty's trail starts off While and runs along the western side of the industrial complex behind Aspen Ice.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
For you guys that are riding the park regularly, can you keep an eye on some of the bypasses that keep popping up and help closing them when you can? One area in particular is on blue near the stone gate. The trail goes in between the stones and a ride around keeps opening up every few weeks. Yellow has the usual few areas and I found a brand new bypass by the stack of logs I cut out a few years ago. I closed them all last week but I'm sure they have been opened back up already.

ebarker9

Yellow was extended but does not have yellow blazes yet. So if you are seeing a trail off of yellow that runs along Canfield Avenue, that's the newer section of yellow.

The new Marty's trail starts off While and runs along the western side of the industrial complex behind Aspen Ice.

Makes sense, thanks. I do enjoy bombing down that doubletrack that leads towards Marty's but does seem like an opportunity to have a more interesting section of trail.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
For you guys that are riding the park regularly, can you keep an eye on some of the bypasses that keep popping up and help closing them when you can? One area in particular is on blue near the stone gate. The trail goes in between the stones and a ride around keeps opening up every few weeks. Yellow has the usual few areas and I found a brand new bypass by the stack of logs I cut out a few years ago. I closed them all last week but I'm sure they have been opened back up already.
Yesterday it looked like all bypasses were still closed. Definitely saw a lot of work you did to close them off.

xc62701

I was there this morning and trails are in great shape if you ignore the bypasses. Someone keeps closing the actual trail on orange just above the first switchback going up and using a new well burned in section that's eaiser than the original. Super annoying. In general the bypasses are ridiculous and super annoying.

There is a new tree down in the black river section where the blue meets the river trail. Also noticed that the gate on the black river connector is gone. When did that happen? I guess the people that keep cutting the locks got tired of it.

Saw this guy today too:

Attachments

• Turtle.JPG
    Turtle.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 85

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Also noticed that the gate on the black river connector is gone. When did that happen? I guess the people that keep cutting the locks got tired of it.

We don't know who took it but there was a misunderstanding on who owns it and who's property it was on. Needless to say, Mine Hill owned it and it was on Mine Hill property. That gate was vandalized maybe two days after it went in and the lock was replaced countless times.

stilluf

There is a new tree down in the black river section where the blue meets the river trail. Also noticed that the gate on the black river connector is gone.
Where is the black river section? Black River connector? Are these the trails that go east off of the fire road from the gravel lot on Frank St.?

goldsbar

I was there this morning and trails are in great shape if you ignore the bypasses. Someone keeps closing the actual trail on orange just above the first switchback going up and using a new well burned in section that's eaiser than the original. Super annoying. In general the bypasses are ridiculous and super annoying.

Very confusing as they actually close down the real trail. Whoever it is, they're very committed. As mentioned in the past, both rock ramps have a go around. Just climb the dirt road two minutes from the Orange trail entrance if you don't want tech.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA.ORG
Very confusing as they actually close down the real trail. Whoever it is, they're very committed. As mentioned in the past, both rock ramps have a go around. Just climb the dirt road two minutes from the Orange trail entrance if you don't want tech.
I dont even know the real trail anymore...Anyone got a trail cam?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions