Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Finished the last tree off on Orange so it looks like Orange, Blue, Yellow and White are all clear. I have to check the north section still but I haven't heard any reports on that side yet. In other news, County Concrete really screwed up their map reading and somehow posted our property. They plastered the woods all around the Orange trail. I removed the signs so disregard any additional signage they post on public open space property.

Last edited:

sgensh

Finished the last tree off on Orange so it looks like Orange, Blue, Yellow and White are all clear. I have to check the north section still but I haven't heard any reports on that side yet. In other news, County Concrete really screwed up their map reading and somehow posted our property. They plastered the woods all around the Orange trail. I removed the signs so disregard any additional signage they post on public open space property.
HUGE thank you to Jason and anybody else who cleared these trails in the last few days! I did a quick loop of white and the new orange/yellow(?) and they were both cleared, with only small debris left. I snapped a few pictures because it was clearly a lot of work. Great job and thanks again!
12E17720-084B-4FAC-A5AE-2DE286679847.jpeg
913250CE-37ED-431F-BE66-7DCCE784D107.jpeg
291097E2-5985-4A38-82C8-14A1E3E9D0A2.jpeg
BC16BEC6-2F70-44A3-9B2F-6E5D0E20092C.jpeg
60AF43CE-12FF-40F2-B6FB-6FAC46BDBE77.jpeg
870F08A4-0468-450C-AC49-FED05FE93153.jpeg

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA.ORG
On my lunch break, didn’t have my saw in the truck. A few new tree falls if I can get back after work I’ll take care of it but if someone else beats me to it...here where they are
E5793CDC-0CDD-4DBE-BD61-09BA64E9B7D0.jpeg
A7A09A08-20B4-4AC2-A8FF-512C7870D626.jpeg

Jason

JORBA.ORG
On my lunch break, didn’t have my saw in the truck. A few new tree falls if I can get back after work I’ll take care of it but if someone else beats me to it...here where they are

Damn, let me know if you get to them and if not, I guess I'll hit them tomorrow.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA.ORG
Damn, let me know if you get to them and if not, I guess I'll hit them tomorrow.
I got started on the big tree, got lit up by yellow jackets for the second time this week and then broke the chain on the saw. I didn’t get far, sorry...

Last edited:

stilluf

Rode here Sunday. Trails were a little damp in spots but overall very ridable. As always, much thanks to the trail crews for their work clearing the downed trees; can tell how much effort that required!
Also, pretty cool tree skinny developing on the Yellow trail - nice chain saw work.

Cassinonorth

Was coming here to report the tree down on yellow...also a possible tree down on Remembering Marty. Kinda in the way that could lead to an unintended go-around.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Tree down on yellow just after then switch backs. Cleared as much as we could
Was coming here to report the tree down on yellow...also a possible tree down on Remembering Marty. Kinda in the way that could lead to an unintended go-around.

I got the tree on Yellow this morning as well as some additional cut back on Yellow. I noticed that someone swiped the ramp from the skinny I cut on White to use as a ramp for a rotten log over. I'm just going to assume they accidentally ripped the screws out and the wind blew it down the trail and it's just a misunderstanding. lol I will be working on brushing around the skinny when I get out there next. Put in another few hours on the Marty's trail. We're getting close!

Cassinonorth

I got the tree on Yellow this morning as well as some additional cut back on Yellow. I noticed that someone swiped the ramp from the skinny I cut on White to use as a ramp for a rotten log over. I'm just going to assume they accidentally ripped the screws out and the wind blew it down the trail and it's just a misunderstanding. lol I will be working on brushing around the skinny when I get out there next. Put in another few hours on the Marty's trail. We're getting close!

It's riding so awesome already! Can't wait for the finished product...thank you for all your work.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Someone swiped the ramps over the weekend and moved them back to the log. Look, I'm not this super techy rider by any means but the log is easy to ride and if you can't ride it, there is a very clear go around. If you need to build this log up to get over it, please just ride around. It's incredibly uncool to mess up a trail feature that was purpose built because you can't get your wheel over a tiny log. The ramps are back where they belong and lag screwed into the skinny now and I'm hoping they stay there.

IMG-2921.jpg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Someone swiped the ramps over the weekend and moved them back to the log. Look, I'm not this super techy rider by any means but the log is easy to ride and if you can't ride it, there is a very clear go around. If you need to build this log up to get over it, please just ride around. It's incredibly uncool to mess up a trail feature that was purpose built because you can't get your wheel over a tiny log. The ramps are back where they belong and lag screwed into the skinny now and I'm hoping they stay there.
Could it be neighborhood kids trying to build sweet jumps?
1601923720841.jpeg

ebarker9

Just passed someone on a green dirt bike (Kawasaki?) on yellow. Not sure what the protocol is in the future.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Just passed someone on a green dirt bike (Kawasaki?) on yellow. Not sure what the protocol is in the future.

I would say don't do or say anything to them, just go about your ride. If you want, you can call the Wharton, PD to report it but they will likely try and meet up with you and waste your daylight. In the 12 years we have been involved here, not a single ticket has been written so I doubt 2020 is the year they start.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions