Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I would say don't do or say anything to them, just go about your ride. If you want, you can call the Wharton, PD to report it but they will likely try and meet up with you and waste your daylight. In the 12 years we have been involved here, not a single ticket has been written so I doubt 2020 is the year they start.
Skinny is running good!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There is a moto pit at DM - if he isn't rippin' up the single track, it is all good.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Just passed someone on a green dirt bike (Kawasaki?) on yellow. Not sure what the protocol is in the future.

post number nine

ebarker9

post number nine

Thanks. I'll be prepared next time!

stilluf

Even after the rain, overall very good conditions. Leaves a bit slick but otherwise ok despite rain .

mtbiker87

Any snow on the left on the ground there ? Thinking of trying these trails out for the first tommorow while in the area, and trying to decide which bike to bring.

mtbiker87

Yeah snow. Up here in Vernon there's still some in the more shaddy spots, although today's rain took care of most that at this point.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
DM is kind of in a weird pocket for snow. When I lived in Morristown all of our snow could be long gone then I drive 20 min up the road to Dickerson and it would be unrideable.

mtbiker87

It's the same way up here. It can be a dusting in the valley, but a few inches on the ground in Wayway, that will stick around for bit even after it melts off elsewhere.

ebarker9

I haven't been there since the snow-ish event, but I live about 5 minutes away and have a hard time imagining that there's snow on the trails.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Now? No. Saturday? Maybe a little.

Planning to ride it later today, will post up conditions. If it's as windy there as it is here there might be some blowdown.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LOTS of branches down, but nothing big that I saw. I cleared a bunch of small debris and my bike ate a thousand sticks. Oh, and if the trails weren’t leafy enough for you there is now triple the leaves! It was pretty awesome lol. Orange trail was basically non existent though.

Side note - I cannot get enough of the gap jump at the top of Marty’s. It’s so smooth.

ebarker9

The amount of leaves down is pretty hilarious. I ride this place all the time and I got lost in a couple of places. I also ran into a couple of Marty's guys and they mentioned that they may try to clear the trails once more of the leaves have come down.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions