Deer Park Conditions

DP was great today. The first and second stream crossing was fun, but I would boulder hop the river. Not cause you can't make it, but the water is high and is starting to erode the entry/exit. The damn at the beginning was high, but no problem to blaze right through it...

A few new downed trees, but someone has built up the larger trees with more logs to make them more manageable.

The rhythm section was fast and seemed smoother now than it did in the fall. Doesn't look like it has been maintained.

Not sure what is going on next to DP pond and why they are making a new, small pond. If anyone know what's up, let me know.

Greg...

Did you start in DP and ride to SSP? and if so were one of the guys we saw in the lot? Reason I ask is what most you describe sounds like SSP. That pond was made for nature purposes, to encourage wildlife habitat...

Did you start in DP and ride to SSP? and if so were one of the guys we saw in the lot? Reason I ask is what most you describe sounds like SSP. That pond was made for nature purposes, to encourage wildlife habitat...

Started from the Gate next to DP, around the lake, veered left, over the road, under the tracks, etc. I thought that was all DP trails??? Let me know if I'm wrong.

Thats awesome so you have a whole another Park to visit. There is a trailhead for DP across waterloo rd where you turn on to kinney rd...

Hell yes... But this rain is killing me. Want to get back up there and explore.

Hopefully we will get some dry weather soon. If you know the area well, Could use a tour of the rest of the park?

I know a couple of trails around there, hit me up on the PM and I will try to give you a proper tour...

yeah...just a couple :rolleyes:

Hey Greg, good to see you on the site. Stick with Matty and he'll show you all the goods up there.

Has anyone checked out Deer Park or Stephens lately? Not sure how bad it was before the rain on Tuesday, and it looks like we missed the showers that were supposed to hit last night. I'm hoping to ride on Friday (4/22) in the AM if there is a hope that the trails are ready for it.

Deer park is looking pretty good right now. Get out here before it rains.

Update: The southern and western portions of the white loop are still a bit wet. Running water on some of the trails. Otherwise the park is looking good overall, a few soggy spots sprinkled in here and there

Last edited:
It's so good to here that conditions are improving up there....but unfortunately we have another week of rain coming and I don't know when I'll be able to get up there:cry:......Thanks for the Report!:)

Rode on Friday and conditions were pretty borderline. Did a fair amount of hiking to avoid creating ruts, but a significant number of the trails were in good shape. Also a huge tree down on the one trail.

Deer Park Weed trail condition ???

Does anyone know what the weed situation is at Deer Park....we know someone who wants to ride there and he wants to know how much "protection" to wear since it took him about 4 weeks to get rid of his poision ivy (allergic ) from his June ride there.
:cry:
:(

I rode there a few weeks ago i'm wicked allergic to poison anything and everything. U should be fine if you don't crash too far off the tail. I don't know the place well and just stuck to the white trail mostly though.

Last edited:
Should be fine if you stay on the trails. Bring OFF or other flying critter repellant. They are pretty tough once you stop.

Conditions Effective 9-1-11

Trail conditions at Deer Park are currently poor after the Hurricane Irene.

Lots of running and standing water. Considerable erosion. A vivid example what water can do on old and/or poorly designed trails.

The park isn't ridable, or at least enjoyable in my opion.

Thanks to the Allamuchy JORBA chapter and BOB W. the new approved trails and trails that have recieved Approved water nicks are weathering well. Many trees were additionally cleared last night by BOB W. on marked/official trails.

Alot of sweat till after dark. Hats Off!

Thanks for the update Steve, and thanks Bob for ur hard work. These trails hopefully will dry out quick. My kids go back to school and I want lots of Sept. riding !!!:cry:

It's pretty wet. Running water and big puddles but nothing you can't ride through. Saw 2 downed trees. But overall had a blast.

Lots of wet areas and standing water...ground debris wasn't bad but white trail between yellow and red is washed out/lots of loose cobbles. Tree down on white trail leaving from lake/climbing. Mosquitoes were in full force!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Back
Top Bottom